Windows 10: mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep

Discus and support mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; oem install of windows 7 pro, upgraded to windows 10. everything else seems ok, running classic shell v4.2.5, and windows 10 theme. when i click my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ron7000, Apr 22, 2016.

1. ron7000 Win User

mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep

oem install of windows 7 pro, upgraded to windows 10.
    everything else seems ok, running classic shell v4.2.5, and windows 10 theme.

when i click my mouse or hit a keyboard key to wake the computer from sleep mode,
    my mouse pointer does not show up. I can right click and wherever it is, the menu for view / sort by / refresh will pop up, or if i drag to the left i can see my icons or start menu highlight as the mouse is then over it. and everything is fully functional, except the mouse pointer itself does not show up.

if i unplug the usb mouse cable, wait 2 seconds, then plug it back in then the mouse arrow pointer shows up.
    my mouse is a logitec if it matters.

:)

ron7000, Apr 22, 2016
  2. JohnDRoe Win User

Windows 10 mouse pointer dissappears

I created another user account and then had to wait until the mouse pointer had disappeared after a start up from sleep.

When this happened I logged into the new account and after it set up the mouse pointer had reappeared. Then switching back to my usual account the mouse pointer was/is still there. Does this give any clues how to fix the problem?

JohnDRoe, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Yaamon Win User
    Mouse pointer disappears in Windows 10 Pro...

I have been able to make some progress at this. My monitor, a NEC PA271W, is connected via DisplayPort. I have had issues with this monitor and DisplayPort in the past. I found on NEC's website a firmware update, so I updated to the latest firmware.
    The firmware updates improve DisplayPort communication, but it did not solve this problem.

Anyway, I have been able to get some specifics on the problem. It look like the mouse pointer disappears if you:

• Turn off the monitor
    • Wait until the monitor is put to sleep by Windows (10 minutes in my case)
    • Turn on the monitor when in sleep mode
    • Wake up the monitor in Windows with a mouse or keyboard. No mouse pointer appears.
    The solution is to turn on and off the monitor. The mouse pointer reappears.

So, if the monitor is turned on when Windows does not think the monitor is asleep, the monitor cycles on and the mouse point appears.

This looks like some sort of possible Windows bug.

Yaamon, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep

1. mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep - Similar Threads - mouse pointer does

2. Microsoft Surface 4 Mouse Pointer Disappears but then Reappears when woken from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface 4 Mouse Pointer Disappears but then Reappears when woken from sleep: I have a 6 year old Microsoft Surface 4. Still works pretty good, except the mouse pointer keeps disappearing to the point I can't get any work done on it. At the time I am writing this is one of the only times I have had it keep going. Typically, when I wake up the machine,...
  3. Mouse pointer takes a bit to reappear after suspend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer takes a bit to reappear after suspend: I've noticed a strange behaviour on my Windows 10, when resuming from the suspension, the mouse pointer takes some seconds like 5-10 to reappear on screen, so i can't actually use my mouse during that time period. Do you know what could be the issue?Windows update version:...
  4. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  5. Disappearing and reappearing pointer

Disappearing and reappearing pointer: I am having issues with the mouse pointer disappearing and reappearing continually. It makes sounds while doing it...I have run a scan and done some work on the command administrator but has not resolved the issue....
  6. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  7. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  8. Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing

Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing: My pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing... it as if i have blank spots on my screen where the pointer hides behind (there is nothing wrong with my screen though). I've updated my computer and it still hasn't fixed the issue. its very annoying when trying to select...
  9. Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear: Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear Windows 10 Fall Creators Update HP Envy x360 Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and...
  10. Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep: Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the dialog open with a right click. It only comes back if I open the Task Manager or a separate window. Strangely if I manually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make mouse pointer reappear