Windows 10: Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV

Discus and support Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running an hp 15ba079dx laptop. I've maxed out the ram at 16gb, and just a few days ago I replaced the 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I also connect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vahelius, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Vahelius Win User

Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV

I am running an hp 15ba079dx laptop. I've maxed out the ram at 16gb, and just a few days ago I replaced the 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I also connect the laptop to my TV via HDMI all the time to watch Netflix mostly. I recently replaced my HDTV with a 4k UHDTV. Ever since I did that I have been getting mouse pointer lag on the 4k tv. This is while it is just on the desktop and nothing is runnning. I also noticed that the audio and video when I play a movie on on my TV through the laptop seem to be slightly off too. Its barely noticeable and too small for me to measure, but it does appear to have the same lag time at the mouse pointer.

I have tried updating all the drivers, including the graphics driver. I am using a wireless mouse but I have the laptop with the receiver for the mouse on my coffee table next to each other at all times.

I should also note that the lag never happens on my laptop screen, with or without the TV plugged into the HDMI port.

I am trying to find the fix for this because even though the lag isn't much, it is more than enough to make it impossible to accurately select a spot in a movie on it's progress bar, it even makes it difficult to move windows around on the TV or to select something on the first try.

I have searched this site and Google and I can't find a fix that has worked for me. I'm hoping you'll have something up your sleeves for me.

Thank you

:)

Vahelius, Oct 21, 2016
  2. Rimmsolin Win User

Severe mouse lag in windows 10

SOLUTION: Ensure resolution is set to Native on monitor/TV.

I use a 4K TV as a monitor with all setting on TV set to 'gaming' or 'computer' settings, so fast refresh and the like. After upgrading to Windows 10, severe mouse lag occured of up to 30-40ms. To fix I found that the Nvidia graphic settings are set to 1920x1080i
    (interlaced) not the native 1920x1080p (progressive). Correcting the display resolution, type and refresh rate was key to getting the mouse cursor to display with 0 lag.

Here's where to change that on an Nvidia card (Right click desktop, Nvidia Control Panel, Change Resolution, Set to Native and your displays refresh rate 30, 60 or 120htz.)

Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV [​IMG]

Rimmsolin, Oct 21, 2016
  3. How come there is no free Display Dock offer for Lumia 950?

Yes, I've connected it to my Sony 4k TV (XBR-49X850B) via my wireless LAN. The screen of the 950 turns into a touchpad and the desktop is on the TV (of course). It's usable like this, but there is a lag in the motion of the mouse which makes it a little
    difficult.

mynutts351, Oct 21, 2016
Thema:

Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV

1. Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer lag

2. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  3. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  4. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. TV as 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as 2nd monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  6. TV as 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as 2nd monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  7. TV as 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Is a 4K TV good as a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a 4K TV good as a monitor: A 4K 32" monitor would cost me over $400. I can pick up a 4K 42" LCD LED TV for $300. Any reason I should not use the TV as monitor for photoshop and premier pro video editing? I am using a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU.
  9. Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode: I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to monitor 2, without closing/minimising the game running in full-screen on monitor 1? Or "unlock" the mouse so that dragging...
  10. Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging: Hi, For the past week, I have noticed that sometimes the youtube videos lags and sometimes even my mouse pointer lags a lot. I am not sure on why this is occuring. I have used CCleaner to clean up the temporary files. I have screenprinted the resource monitor window, if...