Windows 10: Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

Discus and support Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, For the past week, I have noticed that sometimes the youtube videos lags and sometimes even my mouse pointer lags a lot. I am not sure on why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windowsten, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

Hi,

For the past week, I have noticed that sometimes the youtube videos lags and sometimes even my mouse pointer lags a lot. I am not sure on why this is occuring. I have used CCleaner to clean up the temporary files. I have screenprinted the resource monitor window, if that might help solve my issue.

Thanks for all help
    Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging [​IMG]

:)

windowsten, Apr 2, 2016
  2. Bob123# Win User

Bluetooth Mouse lag

Hi all:

I also have mouse cursor/pointer lag/latency using a Logitech M557 Bluetooth mouse.

I have a Dell Vostro 3550 laptop.

This lag seems to still occur even when I turn off my Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth speaker.

I seem to get the terrible mouse pointer lag only when I'm browsing the Internet. So I don't think it would be interference, since I would think interference would cause the same mouse pointer lag when I'm not browsing the Internet.

Anyone else have any ideas on why my computer seems to only give mouse pointer lag just when I'm browsing the Internet?

I do have a 300 Meg up and down FIOS connection. So I don't think it's a slow Internet connection.

Thanks much,

Bob

Bob123#, Apr 2, 2016
  3. ilura Win User
    Mouse & Keyboard Lagging After Update

I have exactly the same problem you describe, and, after looking for solutions for days, including downloading drivers, I will be forced to revert to Windows 8.

I have a top-end Core i7 laptop. I initially noticed extreme lagging with all three mice--a USB mouse, my track pad, and my Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav pointer.

After considerable testing, however, I noticed, like scr0sis, that there was an overall lag in all programs, even just while typing in Word. So I realised it wasn't just mouse specific like some other posts suggest; it is just more obvious when the mouse
    lags. I have also updated intel video drivers etc.

One, final, interesting point is that the lagging seems worst when the new browser, Microsoft Edge, is in use or open.

ilura, Apr 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

Hi, suggest if you could post a screenshot organised with the highest CPU use topmost, someone could comment.

Try the task manager, make sure processes are showing CPU use - those above show 0.

Meanwhile you can also try a clean boot to see what effect that has on your CPU use.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

As you're using Chrome, please make sure 'system and compressed memory' (one of the processes) is shown.

dalchina, Apr 2, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Resource Monitor is there for a reason. if you are trying to watch videos at a high resolution, it wil resource hog the system.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  6. I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro due to the same issues over the past week, and having no obvious symptoms in task manager and resource monitor. I even ran memtest86 as I was getting desperate! Check my specs - I have a decent machine.

Issue came back, and it might be a coincidence, but it seemed to reappear after the latest Windows updates.
    I initially thought it may have been the latest updates before doing a clean install, so I made a Macrium image backup before installing the latest updates - I'll revert and report back after monitoring to see if deferring those updates makes a difference. (I'll try and not omit essential security updates if possible.)

rowlands111, Apr 7, 2016
  7. OK, I'm fairly certain (my issue anyway) is to do with either one, or all of the latest Windows updates - namely: KB3140741.
    Unfortunately, my clean install of Windows 10 Pro automatically installed this update, and I can't uninstall it, but I'm sure I'll find a workaround.
    Feat your eyes on these results: KB3140 - Google Search
    Good luck.

EDIT* It is very easy to find circumstantial evidence for t.shooting computing problems, so the caveat here is it might not be the update.

rowlands111, Apr 7, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi if you wish to block a particular update please see:
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

That's assuming you can uninstall it. I have noted I've one with no uninstall option, and others have reported such - another frustration.
    System Restore and disk images can help negotiating such hurdles if you're been using them.

Seems in Win 10 there are problems small groups of people have, others don't..

dalchina, Apr 7, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    My question now is the spec's on the machine. How much RAM, what CPU, what kind of hard drive. This is a time to get the info from either System Info or Speccy.

bro67, Apr 8, 2016
  10. Did you solved this problem? I have this issue too, and don't know what to do next...I'm running out of ideas. I noticed stuttering about a week ago. Maybe it has something with Windows update. Tried with different versions of Nvidia graphic drivers, and I always get the same result, stuttering. It happens randomly, pc is working normal for about half an hour or more....and suddenly mouse pointer and video starts to stutter when I watch youtube or something...

ivanmiljkovic21, May 6, 2016
  11. Did you solved this problem? I have this issue too, and don't know what to do next...I'm running out of ideas. I noticed stuttering about a week ago. Maybe it has something with Windows update. Tried with different versions of Nvidia graphic drivers, and I always get the same result, stuttering. It happens randomly, pc is working normal for about half an hour or more....and suddenly mouse pointer and video starts to stutter when I watch youtube or something...

12. Did you solved this problem? I have this issue too, and don't know what to do next...I'm running out of ideas. I noticed stuttering about a week ago. Maybe it has something with Windows update. Tried with different versions of Nvidia graphic drivers, and I always get the same result, stuttering. It happens randomly, pc is working normal for about half an hour or more....and suddenly mouse pointer and video starts to stutter when I watch youtube or something..

13. Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

Did you solved this problem? I have this issue too, and don't know what to do next...I'm running out of ideas. I noticed stuttering about a week ago. Maybe it has something with Windows update. Tried with different versions of Nvidia graphic drivers, and I always get the same result, stuttering. It happens randomly, pc is working normal for about half an hour or more....and suddenly mouse pointer and video starts to stutter when I watch youtube or something.

14. Did you solved this problem? I have this issue too, and don't know what to do next...I'm running out of ideas. I noticed stuttering about a week ago. Maybe it has something with Windows update. Tried with different versions of Nvidia graphic drivers, and I always get the same result, stuttering. It happens randomly, pc is working normal for about half an hour or more....and suddenly mouse pointer and video starts to stutter when I watch youtube or something

ivanmiljkovic21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer lags

2. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  3. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  4. Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11: So i am playing a game on my laptop and i dont know why my mouse suddenly laggy and it really affect performance in game. can someone help on how to solve this issue. it would be really helpfull....
  5. Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11

Mouse pointer lag not smooth on windows 11: So i am playing a game on my laptop and i dont know why my mouse suddenly laggy and it really affect performance in game. can someone help on how to solve this issue. it would be really helpfull....
  6. Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11: I have a 3+ year old Dell G3 laptop with an Intel Core i5 9th gen processor and I am at my wits end trying to get my laptop to work as designed with Windows 11. I have done endured every update available to me, and have not rewound undone or rolled back any of them. Problems:...
  7. Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11

Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11: I have a 3+ year old Dell G3 laptop with an Intel Core i5 9th gen processor and I am at my wits end trying to get my laptop to work as designed with Windows 11. I have done endured every update available to me, and have not rewound undone or rolled back any of them. Problems:...
  8. My pointer is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pointer is lagging: Hello, I installed Windows 10 yesterday but my pointer is lagging. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-is-lagging/bc22548e-9d7e-4f8f-aaa0-224582443926
  9. Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Even though we have a touch screen based Windows 10 devices, the mouse remains an important part of usage, especially when you want to do some hardcore work. When using Touch, it’s a bit hard to drag – and when [...] This post Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on...
  10. Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag: I have a pretty powerful computer, running an i7, nvidia 980 gtx, 16GB ddr3 ram, all on a 1TB SSD. Just upgraded from 8.1 which was extremely smooth and 10 feels LAGGY. The mouse pointer seems to lag and even explorer windows seem to stutter as I drag them around the...