Windows 10: Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode

Discus and support Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (1607) For a couple of weeks now, when my notebook goes into power save mode (or I put it there), the mouse pointer still shows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yoellax, Apr 4, 2017.

1. yoellax Win User

Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode

Windows 10 Home (1607)

For a couple of weeks now, when my notebook goes into power save mode (or I put it there), the mouse pointer still shows. I can't move it, but it shows in the last position it was before the screen turned off. I've played around with all power and mouse settings and can't figure it out. (Obviously, I've rebooted several times as well).

Note: This is NOT the problem where the screen turns black with only the mouse pointer showing upon booting up. The computer boots up fine. My problem happens when the computer goes into power save.

:)

yoellax, Apr 4, 2017

2. Custom mouse pointers not applied over restart, etc. in Windows 10

I require a larger mouse arrow and one of a contrasting color, so I changed my pointer to a large red arrow in the mouse options area and click APPLY. The mouse pointer changes and remains that untl I either restart or power up the system. At that time,
    the mouse pointer is a small white arrow, the same as the default pointer. When I go back to change the pointer assuming it has reverted to the default, the setting shows a large red arrow, the same one I had changed it to earlier, meaning the setting had
    not changed, but somewhere in Windows 10, it failed to retrieve my setting and use it. If I do something to switch to a different arrow, then back to the large red arrow and then click APPLY, I am back to the desired arrow until I power off or restart.

JimmyRThompson, Apr 4, 2017
  3. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

Hello,

There are several methods that you can perform to troubleshoot this issue. To better assist your, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages?
    • While on the power saving screen and moving the mouse, do you see the mouse pointer?
    • When you restart your computer, does the system performs a Power On Self Test (POST)?
    • After restarting, did you try booting your PC in
      Safe Mode
      ?

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode

Hi yoellax. Welcome to the TenForums @yoellax.

Have you tried the Clean Boot process to see if this is some sort of error being caused by a third party product?

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Before doing so have a restore point and I would also recommend an Image be taken with a product like Macrium Reflect. You likely won't need but better safe than sorry.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 9, 2017
Thema:

Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode

1. Mouse Pointer Showing When in Power Save Mode - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer Showing

2. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  3. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  4. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  5. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  6. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  7. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  8. Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with orientation of mouse pointer when in portrait mode: Whenever I rotate my screen, Say from Landscape to portrait, then the mouse pointer's orientation also changes to that of portrait mode. Is there any way that I can keep the orientation of the mouse pointer as in landscape mode, howsoever the screen is rotated. This is...
  9. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving mode: How do I turn OFF power saving mode …...I have just updated to windows 10 ( god knows why ) not user friendly.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saving-mode/9510c35d-9d7d-491a-ab7a-c9cc1a63260a
  10. Mouse Pointer Not Showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer Not Showing: I have a touch screen laptop. After I touch the screen, my mouse pointer won't work on that screen any longer. I want to be able to use both the touch screen and the mouse. How can I do that?...