Windows 10: Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Discus and support Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tesagk, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Tesagk Win User

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning.

Nevertheless, my pointer speed dropped to a noticeable degree. Motions which once swept the pointer across the screen only do a little less than half.

However, when I went into the Control Panel > Devices AND Mouse Settings, I found that there were no options for pointer speed or acceleration. I noticed an "advanced mouse options" link in the Mouse Settings page, but when I clicked it, I got some sort of error about some necessary file not being located where expected and asking me to browse for it, which is silly, since I have no idea what it is.

Please help? There's no way I can play games with the mouse as-is.

:)

Tesagk, Nov 29, 2017

2. Mouse pointer jumps when moved using touchpad to 'active' screen locations on Dell D630 after installing 64bit Windows 10

I have also tried experimenting with changing the mouse pointer speed and, perhaps significantly, the distance the pointer jumps is a function of the speed setting. If the setting is slow then it does not jump very far, if it is fast it jumps a long way.

Its looks as if the screen update that as a result of the original mouse movement (e.g. a button becoming highlighted) is causing windows to be confused as to where the mouse is and thinks that it has been moved again. The distance that it then moves the pointer
    is then a function of the mouse speed setting.

Also, I have found that if I slide vertically into the 'active' screen area such as a button, if the pointer jumps, it jumps to the right. If I slide horizontally into the active screen area and there is a jump then it will be upwards.

Nigel-Dyer, Nov 29, 2017
  3. slow cuser and slow computor, just bought this dell lapatop

If you bought it today, maybe, it have never seen an internet-connection before, and when you connected it, it began to check for updates, and install them. This could be the reason for the slowness...

Just let it be on power for some hours and let it run on it's own...

The slow cursor... Go to Control Panel, and adjust the mouse there.

Control Panel

Mouse

Pointer options

Adjust the pointer speed

Click OK

Micael Nielsen, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Tesagk Win User

Fixed my own issue. It was a display thing (Windows was recognizing a monitor that was no longer connected)

Tesagk, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer speed

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. laptop lag and mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop lag and mouse pointer slow: While using my laptop, it intermittently experiences significant lag and freezes, causing applications to open and perfome slowly and the mouse pointer to become unresponsive and gets lag . I typically resolve this issue by restarting the laptop, after which everything...
  4. Dramatically slow performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dramatically slow performance: My Windows 10 laptop has been dramatically slow for the last 8-10 days. It has 4GB DDR4 RAM & HDD 1TB harddrive. Nowadays most of the time the RAM and Harddrive look 100% full. [ATTACH] What should I do?...
  5. Mouse pointer slow

Mouse pointer slow: Every time I start Windows the mouse pointer gets extremely slow and laggy for about one minute. I want to know if it is a problem with my computer or a driver. Excuse my english...
  6. slow mouse speed win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow mouse speed win10: Since my last update, my computer's mouse pointer has been very slow, and nothing I do in setting seems to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-mouse-speed-win10/7bf9a9c1-f976-4680-b0e3-977d88de7420
  7. Mouse speed so slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse speed so slow: Why does pointer precision slow my mouse down so much? I have my mouse speed turned all the way up, I have the specific driver for my mouse also turned all the way up and if i uncheck pointer precision the mouse speed is barely tolerable. With it checked the mouse pointer...
  8. mouse pointer speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer speed: I had the perfect mouse pointer speed yesterday but when I got on my computer today it was very slow. I raised it to the fastest speed and it is still too slow. what did ya'll do and what needs to be done to fix this?...
  9. Mouse pointer speed problem

Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  10. Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?

in Windows 10 Support
    Slowing mouse pointer with keybind?: I vaguely recall using an accessibility setting or maybe a 3rd party app that would slow down my pointer speed when I held down a certain key, anyone familiar with this? I find it useful to decrease my pointer speed when using painting apps and such for the increased...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW CAN I SLOW DOWN MY MOUSE VERTCALLY