Windows 10: Mouse Pointer Sticking

Discus and support Mouse Pointer Sticking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrmike, Nov 29, 2015.

1. mrmike Win User

Mouse Pointer Sticking

Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

:)

mrmike, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Ry Jones Win User

Incorrectly put in multiple monitor mode and can't make progress with the OOBE

After one of my reboots in the install, all I get is a black screen and a mouse pointer. I can move the mouse pointer off the screen, and it sticks to the edge in parts of that edge and not others, so it's clearly rendering the OOBE on some other screen.

I plugged in monitors to my HDMI, VGA, and DVI and I can get the mouse pointer onto them one at a time but still no OOBE or login screen on any of them. I have no other display options.

How do I get to single monitor (or even mirrored display) mode so I can make it through the OOBE?

Ry Jones, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Mouse pointer gone

Windows 10 -- PC.

I changed my mouse pointer to magnify it to its largest size. I made no other mouse changes. When I next started my computer, there was no pointer -- nothing. I thought my mouse had died and I bought a new one. Same problem even after multiple restarts
    and moving the usb stick to a different slot.

I fiddled around until I could get past the lock screen (esc key) and log in. Then using tab, shift, ctrl, and alt I maneuvered to the mouse settings screen and restored the mouse to settings to "none". After restarting the computer, the mouse was back.

I certainly can survive with the smaller pointer, but I would like a larger one. Is there a fix?

And ----- heaven help the older people who change to a larger pointer and have no idea how get around in their PC using only keys.

Theresa_933, Nov 29, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Mouse Pointer Sticking

Hi, welcome to tenforums- thanks for completing your specs fully.
    There are a number of threads on this.
    1. It may be related to a wireless mouse.
    Jerky Mouse - Windows 10 Forums
    Can you advise what sort you are using, and try a simple wired one
    2. It may be high CPU use (please advise your idle CPU use from the task manager).
    3. It may be that your graphics driver hasn't been downloaded and installed.
    4. Are you using more than 1 monitor?

Examples:
    Solved Windows 10 Mouse Lagging - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Really Bad Mouse Lag - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Nov 30, 2015
  5. mrmike Win User
    1. Mouse is wired and works fine on another system.
    2. CPU usage is 1%
    3. I just went to device manager and click nVidia GeForce and pressed update drivers, it is downloading some software now so will see if that does the trick.

mrmike, Nov 30, 2015
  6. mrmike Win User
    Nope, still doing it. *Sad

mrmike, Dec 1, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, possibilities- drivers.
    1. An effect related to your audio driver. (See end of link, below)
    2. Mouse: can you downgrade the mouse driver. That's the easier of the two.
    My mouse lag in windows 10 - Microsoft Community
    (Can you try your mouse on a USB2 port if on a USB3 port now)
    3. Can you try using the graphics driver version for Win 8.

(Note, any driver different in version to what Win 10 thinks you should have will be overwritten before long). There is a tutorial on how to keep your driver).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Pointer Sticking

1. Mouse Pointer Sticking - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer Sticking

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  4. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how to fix mouse pointer from flickering and now i have 2 pointers one is stationary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/6b82e164-fb1e-4a42-93f7-73f039ef15f2
  5. mouse pointer sticks to right side of screen

mouse pointer sticks to right side of screen: this is on my kid's desktop machine, running windows 10. She has tried the following: Rebooting multiple times, at least 5 Updating drivers multiple times, at least 4 tried different mouse devices, both cabled USB and wireless and in different ports unchecking the box for...
  6. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  7. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  8. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  9. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d
  10. Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809

Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809: I've set my mouse scheme to standard/classic in mouse settings and have also modified the reg key to prevent theme changes (Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) but still I'm getting the default spinning blue loading wheel...