Windows 10: Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Discus and support Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillyDiddly, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Hi,
    I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working fine. Then my PC went into the sleep mode and when I woke it up I realised that the mouse scroll doesn't work. I restarted the PC and it was ok again.. I thought it was a one time bug but then I found out that everytime the PC goes into the sleep mode (often) the mouse stops scrolling.
    Now, the mouse software has some very specific features. There are 2 cores that you can switch between and each of them gives the mouse some new features. (such as specific button features, etc.). When the mouse stops working and I open the software and change the core (from 1 to 2, or the other way round) the cores "reset" and the mouse starts working again. So you might think that the software is bad. Well, it isn't.
    I deleted the software to see if the issue still persists and it does. Regardless of the SW being installed or not the mouse gets bugged after the PC goes into the sleep mode. So I tried to test it on my notebook to see if the mouse if faulty. But it works perfectly fine on my ntb. With the SW not being installed on my ntb the mouse works, even after sleep mode. With the software installed it works too. But as soon as I plug it to my PC it gets crappy. But this would still be sufferable, but now (since a few days back) whenever I boot the PC after it has been turned off, the mouse DPI settings are set to the minimum, which resutls in the mouse cursor moving atrociously slowly, but if I try to change the DPI settings to higher with the button on the mouse, guess what, it doesn't work. Doesn't react at all. Also the scroll doesn't work sometimes even on boot. So I have to open the mouse software (even though it starts up on the boot) reset the cores again, and then the speed and scroll work.
    The worst part it that I know how to fix it, but I'm leaving for a year abroad and my mom uses the PC too. And she is not gonna reset the freaking cores every time she turns the PC on for the mouse to work. Problem is that I can't refund it, because it works perfectly fine on my NTB so it's not the mouse's problem, it has to be something in my system. Both my PC and NTB are running Win 10, version 10240. The mouse sw is the latest version on both PC and NTB too. But something on my PC keeps messing up with the mouse and I can't find out what it is. *Sleepy
    Any help?

What I have already tried:
    • reinstalling the SW
    • tried a different USB slot
    • tried the mouse without the SW being installed
    • different SW version
    • tested the mouse on my NTB (it works there perfectly)
    • none of the above works...

:)

WillyDiddly, Sep 14, 2015

2. Cannot change speed of Horizontal Scrolling in Windows 10

As I explained, I installed the updated drivers for the mouse already.

It seems to be a problem in Windows that is not taking into account my setting for horizontal scroll speed. Every aspect of the mouse works as expected, including rebinding buttons and macros, but when I scroll horizontally it will only ever scroll one
    character at a time. The setting to change scroll speed is in Windows, not the mouse driver software.

DFledermaus, Sep 14, 2015
  3. page down scrolls too far

Hi,

Mouse scroll speed depends on what option did you assign on your device. You can adjust it to make it faster or slower. To do this, visit this link:

How to change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10
    for instructions.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Johann Eva, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Bump .. any suggestions?

WillyDiddly, Sep 17, 2015
  5. AndrewPA Win User
    Solved this problem for my a4tech a91: I switched mouse to "Core 1" mode.
    (used "Bloody 5" V2015.08 (Bloody Official Website)

AndrewPA, Mar 22, 2016
  6. Klow Win User
    When you double-click on the first button on the top of your mouse, you can change the DPI with the scroll, so the scroll don't work.

Klow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

1. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed - Similar Threads - Mouse problems scrolling

2. Mouse Scroll Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Problem: The Mouse I'm Using Is Impossible To Scroll With Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scroll-problem/1766c419-950d-4d16-9512-c351613f0b56
  3. Mouse Scroll Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Problem: The Mouse I'm Using Is Impossible To Scroll With Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scroll-problem/1766c419-950d-4d16-9512-c351613f0b56
  4. Mouse Scroll Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem with Mouse scrolling

Problem with Mouse scrolling: Hello, I'm sure by my question you can see I don't understand much about these things: I'm using a Logitech 510 mouse on a Windows 10 HP computer and I can't control the speed of the wheel? This is just something that started recently. I've gone online and checked to see what...
  6. Mouse scroll problem

Mouse scroll problem: My mouse scroll doesnt work in active windows. However, when i click once on the desktop and try the "scroll inactive windows" feature it scrolls only when clicking desktop. I need help as it is very inconvenient being unable to scroll in an avtice window...
  7. Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed: I'm doing a lot of Excel work at the moment so need to be able to scroll efficiently vertically and horizontally. I find the speed of the middle mouse hold scrolling really frustrating, since it goes very slow then immediately jumps to insanely fast and I'm down at row 20000....
  8. To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    To speed up mouse scrolling speed in Firefox in Linux VirtualBox: I was told by somebody here with VIP badges that I should not post here how to make Firefox run more smoothly in a Virtual Machine in Linux. It should be in a Linux forum. So I moved it there. 28106
  9. mouse scroll wheel problem

mouse scroll wheel problem: hey,today i got mouse scroll problem,it works but when i scroll it wont scroll but it shows on left some 0-100 when i scroll please help ty scrolling down makes sound lower/higher 108301
  10. Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10: How to: Change Mouse Scroll Speed in Windows 10 [img] Information You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. You can set the number of lines the screen will scroll for each notch of mouse wheel movement, or scroll an entire screen of text for each...