Windows 10: Mouse Properties Settings for 2 Mice

Discus and support Mouse Properties Settings for 2 Mice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is more of a curiosity than a problem. I use 2 mice on my office system. A Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (1800 DPI, Blue Laser) for CAD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, May 4, 2017.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Mouse Properties Settings for 2 Mice

This is more of a curiosity than a problem.

I use 2 mice on my office system. A Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (1800 DPI, Blue Laser) for CAD work, and a wired Razer Deathadder (3500 dpi) for everyday use.

I just uninstalled the Synapse Software for the Razer and before installing the latest version I am noticing that the Razer is jumping all over the screen - the Pointer Speed is much too high, but the wireless mouse is OK.
    Changing the Pointer Speed setting in Windows Mouse Properties to the lowest setting fixes the Razer but the wireless mouse is then way too slow.

Question is: can you have two different mouse properties settings in Windows? Or does the one setting apply to all mice?

:)

2. on Windows 10, how do I disable the touchpad long term?

Option 1: Through Mouse interface

Type Mouse in Windows Start Search box

Click Mouse

Under Hardware tab, select HID Compliant Mouse

Click Properties

Click Change Settings

Under Driver tab, click Disable

Option 2: Disable in Device Manager

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on HID Compliant mouse

Disable

E for Excel, May 4, 2017
  3. HungLeD Win User
    Mouse Properties window slow to open

When I click on Mouse in Control Panel to open Mouse Properties dialog box, I have to wait for about 2 minutes before seeing the window. I tried different mice, but the dialog box is still slow to appear. It does not matter how I open it: command line, task
    run, right click and open; I do not see the Mouse Properties window until 2 minutes later. What should I do? Thank you.

My drivers are up-to-date, and my laptop configuration is better than the recommended requirements for Windows 10.

HungLeD, May 4, 2017
  4. cradom Win User

The Razer normally stores it's settings in the mouse itself. Removing the drivers may have caused it to revert to system settings somehow or the system driver couldn't handle those settings.

cradom, May 4, 2017
  5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I don't know about that. That's not what I saw.
    One of the reasons I'm going to reinstall Synapse is because the settings would not hold after closing Synapse. The setting only seem to hold if Synapse is running. I want to see if a re-installation changes anything.
    Close the Synapse software and the mouse start jumping around again.

Thema:

1. Mouse Properties Settings for 2 Mice - Similar Threads - Mouse Properties Settings

2. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  3. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  4. Mouse Properties

Mouse Properties: I have 2 pc's running Build 20231. One of the pc's shows the hour glass when there is a delay. The other shows the old aero blue circle. The Mouse Properties on each computer is different. One shows the hourglass for busy and the other shows the blue circle. Both were showing...
  5. Can't Find Device settings in Mouse properties

Can't Find Device settings in Mouse properties: I cant get device settings in mouse properties.[ATTACH]I have tried every possible way to update driver or install a new one. installed synaptic pointer driver, nothing just works. Am i never gonna get it? Whats the issue?...
  6. 'Wheel' Tab missing from the Mouse Properties settings

'Wheel' Tab missing from the Mouse Properties settings: My mouse settings look like in the image below. As you can see there's no Wheel tab. And the reason I need it is because I have a Logitech LS1 mouse with enabled horizontal scroll. However, because of this tab missing my horizontal scrolling is not working as expected. What I...
  7. Multiple mouse problems with multiple mice

Multiple mouse problems with multiple mice: First let me say these problems are somewhat intermittent. At least they started out that way but have become pretty much become full time. Problems started on a regular dongle type wireless mouse, USB mouse worked fine so I replaced the wireless with a Bluetooth mouse, which...
  8. Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties: I've noticed that the Synaptics Device Settings are missing from my Touchpad settings. There are a number of settings in that category such as two finger scrolling and reverse scrolling. Driver is updated. How can I get the Synaptics Device Settings restored? Thanks for...
  9. Mouse Properties

Mouse Properties: Hi Guys, I have Pavilion 15-ck019tx running Windows 10 and the touchpad has the Synaptics SMBus Clickpad driver installed, when I bought the laptop, the setting "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" was working, when I connected my...
  10. Mouse Properties Interfere with Logitech Gaming Mouse Settings

Mouse Properties Interfere with Logitech Gaming Mouse Settings: Win 10 Prof. I use a Logitech gaming mouse G900 for regular mousing and photography editing. It has a tilt wheel left and right which I've assigned to copy and paste. This works fine. However, when I use the scroll wheel to scroll, it often acts as if it is the tilt wheel in...