Windows 10: Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

Discus and support Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tayhwah, Mar 4, 2016.

1. tayhwah Win User

Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10.

When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes double clicks and open the application. Things are worse when I am browsing. Half the time every text on a page is highlighted. And on the occasion that I want a paragraph of text highlighted, the mouse drops the highlight midway.

I have yet to go out and buy another mouse just so to test if its with the mouse. Just want to make sure that it is not a Windows 10 issue.

cheers

:)

tayhwah, Mar 4, 2016

2. Mouse double clicking on single click

My mouse has started to double click since the 2016 update. I have tried changing the doubble click speed and roling the driver back to a previous version, both, hasnt made a difference. I have also tried other mice both wired and wireless i have the same
    problem is with all the mice.

OS windows 10 Pro.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks Carl

carlleatherbarrow, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Mouse double clicking on single click

Hello Carl,

To fix the issue with your mouse, we suggest checking Nachappa C K troubleshooting post

here

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

1. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly double

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. Mouse single click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

Mouse single click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: i hold left click to move program left click randomly not working and start double clicking im still hold in that time,i tried on new mouse, still like randomly double clickthe problem keep my game and my program minimize only left click right click normally fine...
  5. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  7. Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks: Mouse is still nearly impossible to use for most things due to double-clicking on most instances where attempting to only single-click. This also happens often while trying to hold the mouse button to multi-select, or to select strings of text. While holding the mouse button,...
  8. Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.: ***Modify title from: "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly with a double click to open a folder *** I have my File Explorer settings adjusted to use a double click to open a folder, and it always works properly EXCEPT when...
  9. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...
  10. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...