Windows 10: Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Discus and support Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mongrel714, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Mongrel714 Win User

Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them), selecting things is difficult, closing one tab in my browser often also closes the next tab over, and some of the games I play have obnoxious issues (such as autofire weapons firing very sporadically)

I've checked around the internet and apparently this incredibly frustrating issue isn't uncommon. I'm using a Razr mouse on a Windows 10 machine.

I've tried nearly every fix I've seen mentioned online including:
    • Making sure the mouse is properly plugged in
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (several times)
    • Running all relevant troubleshooters and update detectors (nothing found)
    • Changing mouse settings such as "double click speed" and

Now, I also tried a "clean boot," which fixed the issue...but makes it impossible to load several programs I regularly use, including many of my games. From this I conclude that there is some third party software messing with my mouse clicks (suspiciously right after a software update...Thanks Microsoft -_-). How exactly do I isolate the problem and disable its process without trial-and-error turning various Services off via msconfig until both my games work and my mouse does? Or is there some other workaround to this abysmal issue?

:)

Mongrel714, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Ruben_Fernandes Win User

Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

I've had an extremely annoying issue on windows 10 for a few weeks now.

My single clicks randomly act like double clicks.

I though my old mouse was faulty so i got a new and expensive one, a M.M.O.7 but this bug persists so it's definitely a windows 10 issue caused by some recent (weeks old) update, the old mouse worked fine previously....

I've checked the community but i found no solution...

It's ruining my windows 10 experience because of the annoying situations caused by this bug:

When i try select a string of text and it double clicks and selects just a single word...

When i want to move a icon and it double clicks on it...

When i click on a video to start or pause it and it goes in/out of fullscreen because it detected a double click...

When i'm moving an window and it maximizes because it double clicked...

When i click on a checkbox and it checks and then unchecks again because it was clicked twice.

Stuff like that...

Ruben_Fernandes, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Mouse double clicking on single click

Hello Carl,

To fix the issue with your mouse, we suggest checking Nachappa C K troubleshooting post

here

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 4, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help! - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly double

2. random mouse button clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random mouse button clicks: random mouse button clicks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-button-clicks/98d1dbfe-2154-4d17-a708-d7fa3ee5a8d3
  3. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...
  4. mouse keeps randomly right clicking

mouse keeps randomly right clicking: so i bought a new computer and i noticed when i am online my right mouse will click on it's own and the right menu will show. this has never happened before with any other computer or mouse i have owned. i bought the same type of computer i had a few weeks ago and that mouse...
  5. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...
  6. One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?

One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?: Hi , I am used to tablets style when it comes to touch screens where one click opens/runs apps yet however when I use the mouse its entirely different , i either want to drag , fast rename as a priority , i get to see the option is linked in folder properties , choose one...
  7. Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks: I started up my computer yesterday to find that my mouse was acting up, AGAIN. About 50% of the time I single-click something, the computer would interpret it as two clicks. I tried removing the driver and reinstalling it. No dice. Tried changing the double-click speed to the...
  8. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...
  9. Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10: I've been doing this for years. I'm pretty sure it was Vista or Windows 7 when I first discovered 'single click'. Now, when I'm working on someone else's computer, I'm lost until I realize I have to double click. *Smile 40271
  10. Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time: About a month ago my mouse started double clicking. Its random, like 20% of my clicks act as a double click. Tested with logitech g9, steelseries sensei and razer naga, so its definitely not a hw issue. Did clean win install with the lastest drivers, firmwares, and win...