Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Discus and support Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mongrel714, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Mongrel714 Win User

Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them), selecting things is difficult, closing one tab in my browser often also closes the next tab over, and some of the games I play have obnoxious issues (such as autofire weapons firing very sporadically)

I've checked around the internet and apparently this incredibly frustrating issue isn't uncommon. I'm using a Razr mouse on a Windows 10 machine.

I've tried nearly every fix I've seen mentioned online including:
    • Making sure the mouse is properly plugged in
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (several times)
    • Running all relevant troubleshooters and update detectors (nothing found)
    • Changing mouse settings such as "double click speed" and

Now, I also tried a "clean boot," which fixed the issue...but makes it impossible to load several programs I regularly use, including many of my games. From this I conclude that there is some third party software messing with my mouse clicks (suspiciously right after a software update...Thanks Microsoft -_-). How exactly do I isolate the problem and disable its process without trial-and-error turning various Services off via msconfig until both my games work and my mouse does? Or is there some other workaround to this abysmal issue?

:)

Mongrel714, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Ruben_Fernandes Win User

Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

I've had an extremely annoying issue on windows 10 for a few weeks now.

My single clicks randomly act like double clicks.

I though my old mouse was faulty so i got a new and expensive one, a M.M.O.7 but this bug persists so it's definitely a windows 10 issue caused by some recent (weeks old) update, the old mouse worked fine previously....

I've checked the community but i found no solution...

It's ruining my windows 10 experience because of the annoying situations caused by this bug:

When i try select a string of text and it double clicks and selects just a single word...

When i want to move a icon and it double clicks on it...

When i click on a video to start or pause it and it goes in/out of fullscreen because it detected a double click...

When i'm moving an window and it maximizes because it double clicked...

When i click on a checkbox and it checks and then unchecks again because it was clicked twice.

Stuff like that...

Ruben_Fernandes, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Mouse double clicking on single click

Hello Carl,

To fix the issue with your mouse, we suggest checking Nachappa C K troubleshooting post

here

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 4, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help! - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly double

2. Mouse sensitivity changes randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse sensitivity changes randomly: My mouse keep changing senitivity randomly when i use it and it's really hard to work or play with. I've tried a lot of things like unplug the mouse, plug it to another port, disable then enable the mouse, uninstall the driver, and i need help...
  3. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...
  4. Mouse stutters randomly.

Mouse stutters randomly.: my mouse stutters at random times.ive tried updating drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers .the only way i can make it happen on cue is if i open task scheduler and double click a task and go to triggers tab and select edit and if you try to move the mouse right...
  5. Random Slowdown of Mouse

Random Slowdown of Mouse: Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse. Seemingly randomly, the sensitivity of the mouse will drop and won't return to normal unless I replug the mouse or restart the computer. My Settings: This is what my mouse properties are in Windows....
  6. PC randomly freezing, can't move mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly freezing, can't move mouse: So my PC will sometimes randomly freeze, where I can no longer move the mouse Can you please help me find what the source of the issue may be? thank you 90111
  7. Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep: So there are a couple of times (not very often) when my keyboard OR mouse doesn't work after waking up my Win 10 system from sleep. What I do is to let it sleep and wake it up again and everything seems to be normal again. Not something major but definitely an annoyance. The...
  8. random freezing when moving mouse to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    random freezing when moving mouse to taskbar: Windows 10 will now be available to the general public beginning 5/8/2018. Early release is available on 4/30/2018. The log files indicated the computer was/is having problems with BSOD. 1) See if you can find out the drivers that were installed using Iorbit or driver...
  9. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...
  10. Windows 10 random hangs (can only move mouse)+ freezes, related to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 random hangs (can only move mouse)+ freezes, related to SSD: Greetings I have the following system about 2 years ago: MSI GTX 780 Ti. i7 4790k, Asus z97 pro m/b, 8 gm ram kingston, SSD Plextor 256GB m2, and 1 wd SATA3 hd, with win10 x64 v1607 build 14393.447 (i.e. windows stable with the anniversary update -not insiders...