Windows 10: Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Discus and support Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mongrel714, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them), selecting things is difficult, closing one tab in my browser often also closes the next tab over, and some of the games I play have obnoxious issues (such as autofire weapons firing very sporadically)

I've checked around the internet and apparently this incredibly frustrating issue isn't uncommon. I'm using a Razr mouse on a Windows 10 machine.

I've tried nearly every fix I've seen mentioned online including:
    • Making sure the mouse is properly plugged in
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (several times)
    • Running all relevant troubleshooters and update detectors (nothing found)
    • Changing mouse settings such as "double click speed" and

Now, I also tried a "clean boot," which fixed the issue...but makes it impossible to load several programs I regularly use, including many of my games. From this I conclude that there is some third party software messing with my mouse clicks (suspiciously right after a software update...Thanks Microsoft -_-). How exactly do I isolate the problem and disable its process without trial-and-error turning various Services off via msconfig until both my games work and my mouse does? Or is there some other workaround to this abysmal issue?

:)

Mongrel714, Jul 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

I've had an extremely annoying issue on windows 10 for a few weeks now.

My single clicks randomly act like double clicks.

I though my old mouse was faulty so i got a new and expensive one, a M.M.O.7 but this bug persists so it's definitely a windows 10 issue caused by some recent (weeks old) update, the old mouse worked fine previously....

I've checked the community but i found no solution...

It's ruining my windows 10 experience because of the annoying situations caused by this bug:

When i try select a string of text and it double clicks and selects just a single word...

When i want to move a icon and it double clicks on it...

When i click on a video to start or pause it and it goes in/out of fullscreen because it detected a double click...

When i'm moving an window and it maximizes because it double clicked...

When i click on a checkbox and it checks and then unchecks again because it was clicked twice.

Stuff like that...

Ruben_Fernandes, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Mouse double clicking on single click

Hello Carl,

To fix the issue with your mouse, we suggest checking Nachappa C K troubleshooting post

here

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 5, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

1. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help! - Similar Threads - Mouse randomly double

2. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  3. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  4. Mouse double or triple click when I single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double or triple click when I single click: Good day the problem I have is that almost every time I click my mouse double click and sometimes even triple click. I can see it double and tripe clicks since when I open a new tab in Google Chrome I sometimes get own two or more tabs open from just one click. It has started...
  5. Mouse double or triple click when I single click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse double or triple click when I single click: Good day the problem I have is that almost every time I click my mouse double click and sometimes even triple click. I can see it double and tripe clicks since when I open a new tab in Google Chrome I sometimes get own two or more tabs open from just one click. It has started...
  6. Mouse double or triple click when I single click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks: Mouse is still nearly impossible to use for most things due to double-clicking on most instances where attempting to only single-click. This also happens often while trying to hold the mouse button to multi-select, or to select strings of text. While holding the mouse button,...
  8. Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.: ***Modify title from: "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly with a double click to open a folder *** I have my File Explorer settings adjusted to use a double click to open a folder, and it always works properly EXCEPT when...
  9. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse double clicks and triple clicks in word