Windows 10: Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts

Discus and support Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 3 times now after doing restart. To fix, I unplug the mouse and plug it into a different port. If I unplug and replug into same port it will not turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts

3 times now after doing restart. To fix, I unplug the mouse and plug it into a different port.
    If I unplug and replug into same port it will not turn on.
    I am running out of ports.

Any clues as to what windows is doing?

:)

sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017
  2. Pargeo Win User

Sculpt Comfort Mouse not pairing

See subj. - Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse refuses to pair with Windows 10 (installed in Boot Camp on MacBook Pro) - So far I did as follows: started Windows, opened Settings - Bluetooth box, then turn my mouse on, then pressed and held the 'pairing' button
    on it, the mouse appears on the list of discovered devices, I select 'Pair' and after a second or so Windows says 'Could not pair, try again and make sure the mouse is discoverable again' - and the mouse disappears from the list and is not seen again there
    until I restart Windows. I repeated the same procedure dozens of times and so far was unsuccessful at pairing it in Windows 10.

I tried downloading Mouse & Keyboard Centre from the MS site, but it didn't help. I tried to update Bluetooth drivers - this didn't work. I launched all possible & imaginable troubleshooters etc etc - it didn't work. Can Microsoft please explain why its own
    product refuses to work on its own Operating System????

The most amusing fact is that the same Microsoft mouse works and pairs perfectly in OS X on the same machine.

Equipment: Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (Bluetooth), MacBook Pro 15'', OS Windows 10 Home (2nd release) in Boot Camp, all updates etc. installed.

Pargeo, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Can't connect to network after Windows 10 upgrade

OK, so I came across this after trying all the usual "turn it off and turn it on again" things.. I saw the "Method 2: Uninstall the mouse drivers from device manager..." and thought, "That's weird"; so I just unplugged my mouse and tried to connect
    to my network again and IT WORKED! Brilliant!!

However... I plugged the mouse in again (still connected to my network), so I restarted my PC to check if the connection would still work.. I tried to connect again and it failed. "No problem" I thought, "I'll just unplug the mouse
    again".. Nope, would not connect, back to square one. Restarted without mouse connected; nope, cannot connect. So I specifically "uninstalled" the mouse driver for the external (HiD compliant) mouse and restarted again; still unable to connect.

This is extremely frustrating.. HELP!

JarrydFord-Manson, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts

As a matter of interest do the ports come back after a restart.

Possible solution to problem, enter device manager and find you mouse, in properties look for Power Management tab. Uncheck, allow computer to turn off.

Caledon Ken, Jan 6, 2017
  5. No if by restart you mean software restart they do not.
    I imagine they do if I actually shut down and power back on.

Checked and it is set to not turn off the mouse.

Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts [​IMG]

sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017
  6. bobfrost Win User
    I seem to remember reading that some mice don't like USB3 ports; they prefer USB2 ports.

Bob Frost

bobfrost, Jan 6, 2017
  7. It is an older PC, all are usb 2.0

sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017
  8. Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts

Okay, go it the advance settings of your power plan. There is one there USB Settings and underneath it is selective suspend. Disable it please.

Side issue, do you know what that unidentified device is in your Device Manager listing? Has it been there long?

Caledon Ken, Jan 6, 2017
  9. sdowney717, Jan 6, 2017
  10. Go to device in device manager, properties. Click on details tab. Under the property line, its a drop down, click on Hardware ids. Copy and paste first line into google. You will likely get an exact match.

Caledon Ken, Jan 6, 2017
  11. ok, will look into it.

The mouse is still acting up. Maybe the mouse is old.
    It refused to turn on from a cold boot. Then I unplugged and plugged, did not work. Then I plugged in again same port and it worked. It is an IBM LED mouse. If it is on then it works great and never shuts itself off.

It is only having trouble on restarts, boots.

sdowney717, Jan 7, 2017
  12. OK the mouse is IBM led mouse, it works perfectly on win 7 and ubuntu.

Win10 calls it HID compliant mouse.
    Ubuntu calls it this
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0461:4d03 Primax Electronics, Ltd Kensington Mouse-in-a-box

So there is nothing wrong with the mouse.

I put a new cheap china mouse from Amazon on the win10 PC and it works perfectly, always even on waking up, restarts, etc...
    SO, I was wondering if MS decided to not properly support my older IBM mouse as a way of obsolescence the technology to force people to buy new stuff. Maybe under the radar agreement with manufacturers.

Here are some more extreme mouse problems with IBM mice that other people experienced.
    Mouse Not Working - Windows 10 - HID Compliant - Microsoft Community

IMO this mouse ought to work, so the MS supplied mouse driver is not working good at all.

sdowney717, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts

1. Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts - Similar Threads - Mouse refuses turn

2. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset: I tried resetting my mecer notebook or laptop , it hasn't passed the stage of showing only the mecer screen when it's on. It says the mecer laptop ran into a problem, it will restart of which it's been stuck on the same issue. What do I do.?...
  3. Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mecer notebook refuses to turn on after reset: I tried resetting my mecer notebook or laptop , it hasn't passed the stage of showing only the mecer screen when it's on. It says the mecer laptop ran into a problem, it will restart of which it's been stuck on the same issue. What do I do.?...
  4. mouse again and again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse again and again: So I have looked for the answer to this problem so many places and times...my bluetooth mouse stops working...it says "paired" and even sometimes says "connected" but no it doesn't move the mouse on screen. Microsoft was asked this question as far back as win7 -> and...
  5. Restarting after the automatic repair again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting after the automatic repair again and again: I have a wizbook laptop and it is redfox, my problem is it keeps restarting after scanning windows defender offline. After the scan it does not show the advance option and will restart again. The stop code was inaccessible boot device. Please help me regards on this issue....
  6. Sculpt mouse is turning itself off.... again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt mouse is turning itself off.... again: The Microsoft Sculpt Mouse has started turning itself off... again. There was an community answer dated Oct 2018, but those fixes do not work. It is interesting the keyboard and number keypad remains fully functional. I have deleted and reinstalled Microsoft Mouse and...
  7. Pc restarts and never turns on again after hitting the table

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc restarts and never turns on again after hitting the table: Hey guys yesterday i was playing a game and then i entered the raging mode and hit the desk and my pc restarted after hitting the table when i turned it on its just shows this “:(” and it says restart your pc and then i tried to remove and install both of the ram sticks again...
  8. Laptop turns on then blacks then turns on again like it’s restarting.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns on then blacks then turns on again like it’s restarting.: My laptop just did this. I turn it on then 3-4 seconds after boot up, monitor blacks, but the power button still on. Then it goes back to the bootup screen like it just restarted and boots up normally. Is this safe or not? And how do i fix it?...
  9. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc turns off but not on again when restarting: I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time. Any help would be much appreciated...
  10. Restart direct after restart and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart direct after restart and again: All recent updates installed , restart 3 times with no change in system, anyhow again asked for a restart all the time. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-direct-after-restart-and-again/c3d8067a-2d80-404a-ac61-5f836dcabc5f