Windows 10: Mouse Right Button Click Problem

Discus and support Mouse Right Button Click Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, In the last couple of weeks I have a problem with my mouse right button (doesn't matter which mouse I use - Pad, USB, etc). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guy Weisz, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Guy Weisz Win User

Mouse Right Button Click Problem

Hi there,

In the last couple of weeks I have a problem with my mouse right button (doesn't matter which mouse I use - Pad, USB, etc).

When clicking on certain files, such as images, pdf, text files or ms-office files, instead of firing the menu, windows explorer resets (File Explorer shuts down, the icons on the desktop disappear for a moment, all open programs minimize and I find myself on the desktop) - similar to what used to happen when I "violently" shut down the Explorer through the Task Manager (which I never do anymore). This means I practically cannot use the mouse right button.

Interestingly, this does not happen when clicking on folders, shortcuts or zip files, all of which are intrinsic to Windows. In these cases I do get the menu as supposed to.

Does anyone have an idea what can it be and how to solve it?
    Thanks.

:)

Guy Weisz, Oct 17, 2017

2. Right mouse click on Start Button, then left mouse click doesn't work

If I right mouse click on the Windows 10 start button and then attempt to left mouse click on the displayed items, only the bottom 4 launch. Desktop, Shutdown or sign up, Run, Search all will launch. From File Explorer up to Programs and Features will
    not. Nothing happens!

I have contacted MS Support and we've created a new profile (problem remains in new profile), did an in-place upgrade (problem remained afterwards), nothing has resolved it.

Not sure what else to try at this point. Haven't come across any other anomalies using my mouse. It's a Microsoft wireless 2 button scroll wheel mouse. Seems to work fine everywhere else I've tried.

Thoughts? Things to try?

Thanks!!!

mekelly999, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Right mouse click on Start Button, then left mouse click doesn't work

Hi Kelly,

Appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue.

Since you have already created user account and in place upgrade and since the issue still persists. The next available option is to perform an fresh installation of Windows 10 using media creation tool.

Download the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10

Hopefully this should help you to resolve your issue.

Darshan J, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Mouse Right Button Click Problem

Looks like a faulty program was added to context menu and it crashes along with explorer as it loads when you attempt to activate context menu by right clicking .

What you need is probably a context menu editor and try to disable all 3rd party programs you will find attaching themselves to it then enabling them one at a time to see which one holds the bug .

I'd go for CCleaner then Tools > Startup > Context Menu , then try to disable all non Microsoft / non anti virus dlls and see if the menu will persist to crash .

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

Mouse Right Button Click Problem

1. Mouse Right Button Click Problem - Similar Threads - Mouse Right Button

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  4. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  5. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  6. Right mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  7. Right Mouse BUtton

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Mouse BUtton: I have Windows 10 Home Edition , Recently I'm facing a problem in which when ever I click right mouse button on main screen(Desktop)curson keeps showing the running process but nothing appears ,I have tried full reset , but still problem persist. Please Help me find a...
  8. Mouse Right Click

Mouse Right Click: The right click on my wireless Microsoft mouse does not work. Is there a setting I need to change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-click/7aeebcf6-760f-4e8d-90d7-023c6e2400c6
  9. Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working: Hi, Hopefully sometime in the near future the developer's of edge browser will give us more option's when using a mouse, such as back. David *Sad 55834
  10. Mouse Problem: Right Hand Button Problem ?

Mouse Problem: Right Hand Button Problem ?: Hello, Have a Logitech Wireless Optical Mouse M/N M-R0006 Works just fine; no problems. Have a new radio program that controls a sw radio. It uses the right-hand button to change frequencies. Cannot get it to work. Apparently nobody else using the program has any...