Windows 10: mouse scroll only affects volume

Discus and support mouse scroll only affects volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; mouse scroll only works to change the control does not do any of the other normal stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djjohnson8065, Jul 13, 2018.

1. mouse scroll only affects volume

mouse scroll only works to change the control does not do any of the other normal stuff

:)

djjohnson8065, Jul 13, 2018

2. Why is my mouse scroll changing my volume

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse scroll, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    • Have you tried using your mouse to a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried a different mouse to your current computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try installing the latest hardware driver to resolve the issue. You may follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Mouse Scrolling Issues

Basiclly I'm having major issues with my mouse autmocaticlly scrolling.

This only appears to happen on certian places, for example my emails. If I simply hover over an email it'll automaticlly start scrolling down until it reaches the bottom. My master volume on the task bar and even the Youtube volume, when I simply hover or
    select this, it'll automaticlly start turning up. When I type in a box or filling out a form, you get the suggestions which list below, my computer will automaticlly start scrolling through these options making it impossible to type!

Even if I hold the 'Ctrl' button down on it's own, whichever page I'm on will start zooming out. I've tried a different mouse and keyboard, no luck! Played around with my mouse settings, no luck. This only seems to have happened since upgrading from Windows
    8 to Windows 10!

Conner Clark, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Jay Jap Win User

mouse scroll only affects volume

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

mouse scroll only affects volume

1. mouse scroll only affects volume - Similar Threads - mouse scroll affects

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  4. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  5. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  6. CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume

CTRL + mouse scroll change my playback volume: When i press the CTRL key on my keyboard + the mouse scroll up or down it will change the playback volume of the volume output device. I didnt find a solution. [ATTACH]...
  7. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume: Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting all aspects of control including gaming and browsing. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the driver....
  8. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!: Hi, Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app volume to control volume. I'm on Windows 10 but i had this problem on Windows 7 too. For my audio i'm using USB-audio running to...
  9. Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume

Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume: I don't understand what happened. I don't know how to fix it. Anyone who knows about this please help me. I have a magic eagle gaming mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-wont-scroll-pages-only-will-adjust/c90b7fe7-cfa8-4258-9b23-00fb3702268b
  10. Mouse scrolling

Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf