Windows 10: Mouse Setting Anomalies

Discus and support Mouse Setting Anomalies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ​Being a lefty, I reverse the buttons on my mouse, and use it on the left side of the keyboard. The mouse, BTW, is a wireless MS 3500 series.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Mouse Setting Anomalies

​Being a lefty, I reverse the buttons on my mouse, and use it on the left side of the keyboard. The mouse, BTW, is a wireless MS 3500 series. Intermittently upon boot up, the mouse responds to right handed commands, even though in Control Panel it is still set to my lefty config. The scroll wheel speed also reverts to a default fast (although in settings it's still set to where I have it). Changing the settings slightly, applying and rechecking shows it goes back to my preferences.

Acts as if upon boot it randomly is not loading mouse settings?

Wireless mouse drivers are indeed current.

:)

Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015

2. Photo Gallery as screensaver.

Mr. Bar:

SFC.exe didn't find any anomaly or corrupt file. After running SFC, I tried Photo gallery as screen saver, mouse wiggle and keyboard no go. Tried other screen savers, both mouse and keyboard wakes up system to desktop.

Thank you

nazimzaman, Aug 29, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Strange item on my desktop

Hi Jeff, I do understand your concern, especially since you get the busy cursor when hovering the mouse over that anomaly. A spinning cursor means it is bust doing something - but what!

Here is something that might throw some light on the subject

Click the link below to download a small free utility caned Window Inspector

Install that app and run it, once you see its window, move the mouse over the G anomaly, what does Window Inspector report that as?

When you are finished you can just uninstall Window inspector

https://www.binaryfortress.com/WindowInspector/...

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Tony K Win User

Mouse Setting Anomalies

Hi there. Is there a program called Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse installed? If so, you may want to check those settings.

Tony K, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Rivergoat Win User
    Trying that program on my desktop (I am reporting the glitch on my laptop, the only system I am running Win 10 Pro), I did not like it at all; so no, I am not using the MS Keyboard and Mouse program. The laptop uses the Intellimouse software for the 3500.

Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Tony K Win User
    I take it then you uninstalled the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and installed IntelliPoint? I know 10 wants to install Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, for I have a MS Arc mouse.

Tony K, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Rivergoat Win User
    I did the upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro without Mouse/Keyboard installed. Win10 did not appear to (or want to) install Mouse and Keyboard Center. And if so, I block any attempts at that. After I tried M/K Center on the desktop, I went to every effor to remove it, return Windows a the default mouse settings, then reinstalled the Intellipoint....

Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

Mouse Setting Anomalies

I take you have "Give me updates for other products" unchecked in Windows Update then?

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center combined IntelliType with IntelliPoint.

Does your IntelliPoint version match your mouse? Here's an article on it. IntelliPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tony K, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Rivergoat Win User
    Yep. Software matches mouse. Box is also unchecked....

Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Hmm. The driver seems to be ok, but the only other thing I can think of is open Device Manager > Double click on the mouse > Driver tab > Automatically look for driver online.

This is a recent upgrade to RTM build 10240, yes? If so, I'd give it a few days to see if this works itself out. A PITA I know. If not, you may have to fresh install. Upgrades aren't known to be the best.

Tony K, Aug 29, 2015
  11. Rivergoat Win User
    Not the current RTM version, but the newest Insider Preview; there may be issues with that, as I guess we can call it a beta. Version 10532 is presently running.

Rivergoat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Setting Anomalies

1. Mouse Setting Anomalies - Similar Threads - Mouse Setting Anomalies

2. Microsoft PIN - anomaly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft PIN - anomaly: Hello, I have a puzzle that worries me. I opened my computer today, and I couldn't sign in with my PIN. I fixed to problem at this website with my password, but how was the PIN changed? Has my account been hacked? And there are no options to contact Microsoft through this...
  3. Editing anomaly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Editing anomaly: On occasions when editing I get weird movements. Sometimes the cursor just repositions. Sometimes text just disappears and the cursor relocates. This happens in different editors - usually in Google Mail when composing a mail reply and sometimes in a financial blog while...
  4. Switch On Anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch On Anomaly: I have recently purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7010MT desktop pc with Windows 10 Pro ver 1909 installed which is working well.There is a very odd feature however, on startup I switch on the power at the mains socket and immediatly the switch on the start button on the...
  5. Internet lag anomaly

Internet lag anomaly: I have a desktop hard wired to a modem & a laptop Wi-Fi linked to same modem. Both devices run Win 10 v2004 Laptop behaves OK with Ookla ping ~ 8 -12ms, Down >=30mps & Up >8mps consistent over several tests. Desktop has sporadic ping times usu 25 - 35ms but v. occasionally 8...
  6. Mouse cursor issues, Anomalies

Mouse cursor issues, Anomalies: Mouse Cursor Issues this has been going on for a long time, and just gets worse. Over a period of about 2-1/2 years. Several different mice, several fresh installs, several updates. Windows 10 Home, and Pro. mouse will just all of the sudden change after lagging...
  7. Version 1809 anomaly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1809 anomaly: When I try to download the October Update (Version 1809), I get a message saying that I already have the latest version. Also, on the Settings/Windows Update page, in the top right hand corner is a note "What's New - Your device recently got the latest Windows 10...
  8. LibreOffice Anomaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice Anomaly: I have LibreOffice 5.2 installed in My HP Pavilion Desktop where it has been running satisfactorily for some time. I recently installed the program in my HP Pavilion Laptop, the version now is updated to 5.4. With the earlier version I can scan in wirelessly from any of...
  9. Network anomaly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network anomaly: I am running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with a PCI network card. On reboot, half the time Network Connections shows both: Internet Gateway Internet connection - - - - - connected ____________________________________ LAN or Highspeed Internet Local Area Connection - - - -...
  10. Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly: A few days ago, I found out what settings need to be changed to allow a Bluetooth mouse to wake a computer. Having made those changes, I set Power Options to put the machine to sleep in one minute to test the new settings; machine went to sleep, clicking a mouse button woke...