Windows 10: Mouse settings still not saving after Windows 10 major update

Discus and support Mouse settings still not saving after Windows 10 major update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was more than disappointed to find after downloading this major update for Windows 10, that the Mouse settings have still not been addressed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Maggidon, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Mouse settings still not saving after Windows 10 major update

I was more than disappointed to find after downloading this major update for Windows 10, that the Mouse settings have still not been addressed. Apparently, this is one of those flaws that will go on and on.
    I am using an ASUS Rupublic of Games Laptop with an ELAN Input Device and a Logitech MX Revolution mouse with the latest updated software for that.
    Is there another round about fix to save the settings for this, e.g. Scroll settings. I can set it and that's ok, but upon reboot, the settings is lost. Any ideas? And no, I do not have Synaptics, so no point in looking into the Registry for that.

:)

Maggidon, Nov 13, 2015

2. Screen blacks out after one minute in Windows 10

After updating from Windows 8 to Windows 10, my screen goes to black after 1 minute of not using the mouse. It will resume if I left click the mouse. I have checked all my settings
    in power management, energy saving, sleep/hibernation, display, screen saver, and they are all set for much longer time limits. Would appreciate help resolving this. Thank you! Cathy

stitchfork, Nov 13, 2015
  3. mouse setting not saved after the system reboot

why the mouse setting not saved on win 10 pro after the system reboot?

AhedAbo-Ghazal, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Maggidon Win User

O please do permit me to thank all those who have responded & given such a wealth of help with regards to the mouse settings in Windows 10. After scrolling through all the responses, I do just hate to say, the problem still resides within my computer. I'm positive though, that within a short period of time, Microsoft will come to the aid to fix other problems that do not exist. Thank you once again.

Maggidon, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Mouse settings still not saving after Windows 10 major update - Similar Threads - Mouse settings still

2. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update: So basically, I got the notification that an update is available and I updated. But when I booted my PC up the taskbar was broken and when I hovered over it it would make my cursor load as if the taskbar isn't responding. And when I clicked the taskbar it would do what...
  3. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update: So basically, I got the notification that an update is available and I updated. But when I booted my PC up the taskbar was broken and when I hovered over it it would make my cursor load as if the taskbar isn't responding. And when I clicked the taskbar it would do what...
  4. Windows 10 Compatibility Settings will not save after latest updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Compatibility Settings will not save after latest updates: I have tried to set compatibility settings for the .exe itself.. it works but than when I close app the settings are gone again. I than tried to create a shortcut and again once I close the app the settings are gone again. I even tried setting it as admin and again gone.. the...
  5. Windows 10 update not saving setting.

Windows 10 update not saving setting.: I have just went through my 6 iteration of updates in Windows 10 each time I lose all my previous setting software installs, browser links everything and I have to start from scratch. Everything I do is being recorded in a C:\Users\TEMP folder and not my main folder I have...
  6. Windows 10 Major Updates Resetting My Settings

Windows 10 Major Updates Resetting My Settings: Why is it exactly that every time Windows 10 has a "major update", all of my carefully set settings are wiped out and reset??? Let me first point out that this is NOT the same as some of the other posts on this site, where the system has created a copy of the profile...
  7. ease of access mouse settings not saving after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ease of access mouse settings not saving after restart: Every time I restart my computer i have to go back int the ease of access settings and change the setting "control your mouse with keypad" to off. But when i reset my computer it turns itself back on. I tried changing on the startup screen but there is no option....
  8. major update still not complete after ~12 hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    major update still not complete after ~12 hours: Told me that it would take some time to complete but this is seems abnormal to me.. I think this is the 1703 update but I'm not sure. All I see is the spinning wheel. What can I do? 98233
  9. Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10: I notice that the Mouse settings still will not be saved in Windows 10. Does any find this kind of weird that something simple like this hasn't been addressed since July 29th? Or would some believe this is one of those things that will drag on for ever before we see it fixed?...
  10. Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall: Hi, I have changed multiple settings on windows 10 but whenever I reinstall it, and I log in using a Ms account the settings are still there. It's like it saves them. such as opening a folder in file explorer it will open in a new window so I know the settings haven't...