Windows 10: Mouse stops working- need right-click it to use again

Discus and support Mouse stops working- need right-click it to use again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has this post appeared already? I have had a glitch after submitting my post. The mouse on my PC, Win 10 64bit, has suddenly developed a habit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rihard, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Rihard Win User

Mouse stops working- need right-click it to use again

Has this post appeared already? I have had a glitch after submitting my post.

The mouse on my PC, Win 10 64bit, has suddenly developed a habit of freezing a few seconds after it has been moved. I have to right-click it before it will move again. Every time. I can't see any setting in the mouse driver in Control Panel to cause it to do that.

Does anyone have an idea about this? It is very annoying.

Richard

:)

Rihard, Mar 19, 2017
  2. Earp41 Win User

Right mouse click stopped working again

The above issue was successfully resolved about 1 or 2years ago but it resurfaced and I can no longer right click icons on the task bar to see the contents of those folders or icons? Tried a search to located the original solution but failed to find
    it. Need help!

Earp41, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Earp41 Win User
    Right mouse click stopped working again

No changes to Pc

Updates are installed

Using Administrator's account.

Did the clean booth as outlined but the problem still persists.

Earp41, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Wireless or wired mouse? If wireless, replace battery.

Ztruker, Mar 19, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    It also may be due to power saving settings for mouse or even USB port.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    @Rihard

Sounds silly, but if it's a wireless, try re-seating the dongle or re-pairing if Bluetooth. If wired, re-seat the USB cable.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse stops working- need right-click it to use again - Similar Threads - Mouse stops working

2. My mouse won’t stop right clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse won’t stop right clicking: Hello, so on and off over the past month or so my mouse would just start holding right click usually just restarting would fix it however today even after restarting it persisted. I assumed it was just my mouse being old so I bought a new one and started using a random office...
  3. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix): Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right...
  4. Arc Bluetooth Mouse Right Click Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arc Bluetooth Mouse Right Click Stopped Working: I have had a Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse installed on my laptop. Recently the Right Click functionality STOPPED WORKING. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse. Updated Drivers Updated Winsows Purchased a new Arc Touch Mouse SAME issue. The Right Click...
  5. right click mouse not working

right click mouse not working: Wireless mouse, Changed battery, reset mouse, new port USB, updated security.....help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-not-working/d9a5b8c9-8fda-44ce-8aae-47fbe2785bc1
  6. mouse right click not working

mouse right click not working: Right click not working. The mouse software is running on the most resent update. I've looked all over the internet and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?...
  7. right click stopped working

right click stopped working: After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the...
  8. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  9. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  10. RemoteDesktop Right Mouse Click Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RemoteDesktop Right Mouse Click Not Working: The new software we just implemented at work requires a Remote Desktop login. I can log in with no issues, however, there are some functions that require me to use right mouse click. However, the right mouse click does not work when I am on the Remote Desktop Connection....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. havint to right click mouse a few times before it starts working again