Windows 10: Mouse Stutter Since Updating

Discus and support Mouse Stutter Since Updating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago on my desktop. After it booted for the first time, everything worked just like before on Windows 8.1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blenderite, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mouse Stutter Since Updating

I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago on my desktop. After it booted for the first time, everything worked just like before on Windows 8.1.

After a bit, it prompted me to restart for updates. After it finished with the updates, I noticed that the mouse started a major stuttering problem when scrolling.

I noticed it first in Chrome, so I switched over to another program (Notepad++) and it did it over there as well.

I am assuming that it was caused by the update after upgrading to Windows 10.

How should I fix this? I already tried another mouse and that didn't change anything. Help would be appreciated!!

:)

Blenderite, Aug 26, 2015

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB3097617

This particular update causes my mouse to lag/stutter. It makes everything in general seem slow/laggy.

Jessica Chen, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Laptop stutter

Since some time my laptop has a stutter.

The mouse freezes once every second and then shoots further into the direction it was moving. Also typing has a stutter, when a button is pressed during the stutter it does nothing. I can hear the stutter when there is no sound playing, the sound is making
    a very soft plopping sound.

But when I'm watching movies, the sound doesn't stutter and the video plays very smooth. Also the stutter seems to disappear when my laptop is on for about 2 hours.

My laptop is an Asus n56vz, running windows 10.

I don't know how to get rid of this problem and can't find a topic with the same problem

Mitchelvdw, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Mouse Stutter Since Updating

What is the mouse type and did you run any software for the mouse setup other than what Windows provides? If so, set all settings for the mouse back to their default state and see how it works now. It worked for my Logitech mouse when I had altered the settings previously.

Kanata, Aug 26, 2015
  5. I am using the default HP mouse that came with my PC.

Blenderite, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    Head over to HP Support and see if there is a suitable driver for your mouse for Windows 10.

Kanata, Aug 26, 2015
  7. RonCFL Win User
    Some thing with wds 10 ,
    I have MS mobile 4000 , acting erratically , sometimes i have to click 2/3 times , so annoying, even with MS new firm ware .
    It works fine on my Sony laptop with wds 8.1 ..??

RonCFL, Aug 26, 2015
  8. Kanata Win User

Try on another USB port and if the result is the same then we can likely rule out a hardware issue. Are you able to uninstall or upgrade the mouse driver from the Device Manager?

Kanata, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse Stutter Since Updating - Similar Threads - Mouse Stutter Since

2. mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stuttering: Hello,Im having this issue since i added my second monitor to my main monitor 60hz side monitor and my main is 144hz whenever i play games i see it the most bcs i play on low sensitivity, its getting really annoying, im using a logitech G305 lightspeed, i even got a...
  3. mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse stuttering: Hello,Im having this issue since i added my second monitor to my main monitor 60hz side monitor and my main is 144hz whenever i play games i see it the most bcs i play on low sensitivity, its getting really annoying, im using a logitech G305 lightspeed, i even got a...
  4. Mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse stuttering: Hi all!I've a Logitech G G604 Lightspeed wireless mouse but since a month or so it keeps stuttering like it disconnects for a couple of seconds. The weird thing is that when I'm ingame there seems no stuttering at all, only when I'm using my desktop besides gaming.Like 8...
  5. Mouse micro-stutters and frequent game crashes since most recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse micro-stutters and frequent game crashes since most recent update.: Since the most windows update my pc has been feeling really laggy. What I've noticed the most is what I mentioned in the title, so that my mouse cursor "stutters" as if the reception was bad (it's wireless), but I know it isn't. It has also happened to me a bunch of time that...
  6. Mouse stutters since recent Windows 10 automated updates

Mouse stutters since recent Windows 10 automated updates: This is SEVERE, SERIOUS issue, and I am meanwhile desperate to resolve it. I looked over on the internet and I found hundreds of similar requests. I tried to follow up on a plethora of hints provided there, starting with "update your drivers," check your mouse battery, check...
  7. mouse stuttering

mouse stuttering: so my mouse started stuttering a few days ago, i've already tried everything i could find on the internet to fix this. now i bought a new mouse but i needed to adjust te sensitivity. right after i touch the windows mouse settings it's ruined again and my mouse stutters...
  8. Mouse Stutter

Mouse Stutter: Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this... I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest...
  9. Mouse Stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Stutter: Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this... I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest...
  10. mouse stuttering

mouse stuttering: about every 5-10 seconds my mouse will stutter or freeze and teleport some where else. I have a brand new cyber power PC (link below) and i have all the latest drivers and windows updates. I have watched almost all the videos and none of them work....