Windows 10: Mouse stuttering problem only in few older games on Windows 10 x64

Discus and support Mouse stuttering problem only in few older games on Windows 10 x64 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I have very strange problem that im trying to fix since few months. The problem is that my mouse works perfectly in most games on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Szymek, May 30, 2016.

1. Szymek Win User

Mouse stuttering problem only in few older games on Windows 10 x64

Hello everyone!
    I have very strange problem that im trying to fix since few months. The problem is that my mouse works perfectly in most games on Win10 x64 (even older ones if i disable acceleration), however it keeps stuttering in few older games, such as Call of Duty 2, SiN Episodes: Emergence, Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi.
    The mouse stutters only when i move it very slowly on the mousepad, if i move it fastly it seems to work smoothly with no stutter, however it's very annoyning and makes those few games completely unplayable, because it's hard to shot enemies.
    I didn't have this issue on Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 7 x64 (i was using the same mouse as im using right now). Do you have any idea what could be cause of that?

My PC Specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4,5 GHz
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 Xtreme Gaming OC
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blue 2x4(8)GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 (2TB, 64MB, SATA/600)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380 Pro
    Mouse: Logitech G500s

Sorry for grammar errors, English is not my native language. *Smile

:)

Szymek, May 30, 2016
  2. MPMH Win User

Intermitten stuttering across multiple programs.

I've been having the same problem the past 3 weeks or so.

Windows 10 ran fine for about 1,5 month, then I suddenly had problems.

Youtube, VLC, Twitch, Games, it didn't matter what I played, I kept getting stutters in video, sound and mouse movement.

I just discovered it might have been due to a graphics driver update in my case.

If you're using an nVidia GeForce, you might want to try using the older 355.98 driver, not the latest 358.50.

I just installed the older driver and just played a video without a single stutter.

I hope this helps!

Additional info:

I also went through the steps:

- sfc /scannow

- troubleshooter (system maintenance, audio, video playback, etc)

None of it helped.

Then I ran into a forum where people were having numerous different problems with the 358.50 driver.

To name a few:

- games giving a black screen or distorted graphics

- stutters in video or games (My games were playable, but for some it was a lot worse)

- screens that went into standby not coming out of standby until unplugged and plugged back in

[edit]

It helped for 1 evening, watching 1 film and 2 netflix series without a single stutter. Today since the late afternoon, the stutter seems to be back. I didn't even reboot the computer over night, so I have no idea what's going on, or why it even seemed to
    help in the first place.

[/edit]

3. Severe Mouse Lag/Stutter in Windows 10

I'm on my work computer that has no games, no Bluetooth, etc. It recently upgraded itself to Windows 10. Since then, it has been painstakingly slow and the mouse will not stop stuttering. I've tried a few things but most solutions I've found apply to
    laptops or wireless mice.

I cannot complete my work efficiently with this stutter. Please help!

lillykauffman, May 30, 2016
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

Hello and welcome Szymek have you checked to see if all the drivers are up to date for that mouse. I had a similar problem with my Blu tooth mice and it was just a matter of reinstalling the drivers and re-adding the devices.

Have you altered the mouse settings in the Control Panel?? I always use a large system cursor, fast movement, slow click rate and two space wheel scroll - maybe worth setting yours to the same and trying that.

Maybe obvious but try changing the battery too and cleaning the lens with a cotton bud with some alcohol on it*Wink

Edit see this G500s Laser Gaming Mouse - Logitech Support

ICIT2LOL, May 30, 2016
  5. Szymek Win User
    Hey, yes, my drivers are up to date, I have also updated my mouse firmware long time ago. I didn't alter any settings in control panel, i was even trying to fully format my HDD and install Windows 10 again - same problem. As i said, this problem occurs only in few older games, it doesn't happen in most games that i play. My mouse doesn't have batteries - it's usb cable mouse, not wireless one.
    My guess is that there is some hidden setting in Windows 10 that is forcing mouse acceleration in those older games, i didn't have this problem on Windows 8.1, it only started happening on Windows 10.

Szymek, May 30, 2016
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I am inclined to think you are right with the games not being absolutely compatible with 10. The mouse settings as far as I know are very similar to what one could set in 7 and 8 and I wouldn't think there would be any that one could not control.

I suppose if one were a programmer then it could searched for in the reg entries but to be honest that would be an awful amount of work. I don't suppose you have tried looking for any updates on those games?? - not that I know much about how that works as I do not game very much myself.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse stuttering problem only in few older games on Windows 10 x64 - Similar Threads - Mouse stuttering problem

2. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME: Ive asked this question already and it didnt work which is annoying so im shortening this because that wasted my time and dont know if this will go through. Basically im gonna use 2 games for examples that being roblox and rainbow six siege. So id like to think i have a good...
  3. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME: Ive asked this question already and it didnt work which is annoying so im shortening this because that wasted my time and dont know if this will go through. Basically im gonna use 2 games for examples that being roblox and rainbow six siege. So id like to think i have a good...
  4. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game: I haved stuttering lately, my older pc doesn't do that at least I haven't seen it happening. Old pc: an i5 7760K with 32GB ram at 2666MHz and an SSD Samsung, Radeon RTX480/8GB with windows 10 pro, that thing cost me close to 1500 euros back when I did it in 2015. New pc: it...
  6. [In depth] Mouse stutter problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [In depth] Mouse stutter problems: Hey, The description of the Problem:I dont know when exactly it started, but i have this problem since at least a year, i believe more like 2.I use my mouse (Logitech G502 with Logitech drivers, but i sometimes swap between 4 other mice which use the microsoft HID conform...
  7. Mouse stutter on first boot + stuttering sound in games

Mouse stutter on first boot + stuttering sound in games: Hello I have been having this problem for a couple months now when i do the first boot of the day and get to the session home my mouse is stuttering like hell it is not smooth at all but when i do a restart it's perfectly fine also when this stutters happened i tried some...
  8. Windows 10 Mouse Stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse Stuttering: The cursor on my Windows 10 stutters. The problem isn't just with my wireless mouse, it is also with the Dell touch pad. I reset the whole computer earlier in the week. Before I reset it I realized that the cursor froze for about 1 second every 3 seconds. I reset the computer...
  9. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes: Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers, downloaded the latest updates, reinstalled windows with media creation tool, reset the pc to factory defaults, and used the...
  10. Mouse stuttering Windows 10

Mouse stuttering Windows 10: Hello everyone I'm having an issue with my mouse that started about over a month ago, my cursor is stuttering and freezing almost all the time. It was lighter before, almost unoticeable, but now it's happening almost all the time, specially when i'm watching a video and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse stutter slow in gaming old pc