Windows 10: Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus

Discus and support Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So apparently this is a somewhat common issue with Windows 10 in general, and the fix for it if using a mouse connected to computer is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dycast, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Dycast Win User

Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus

Hello,

So apparently this is a somewhat common issue with Windows 10 in general, and the fix for it if using a mouse connected to computer is to update the driver via Device Manager.. However, I'm wondering since it is remote, if the software driver may need an update?

My Setup: 2 Windows 7 PCs, 1 Windows 10 and 1 Linux - 4 monitors, 1 each - 2 mouse/keyboards each on 2port usb kvm switch, so it is possible to 'switch' to a connected mouse & keyboard for each machine (needed for CMOS, etc + Linux box) Mouse w/o Borders is installed on all 3 Windows machines, so I'm able to use my primary mouse/keyboard on all 3 of those, however once in a while I switch one and forget until I start getting annoyed with my cursor disappearing - What I found is happening is if I switch the Windows 10 mouse/keyboard to the Win 7 machine (ie: no physical mouse/keyboard on Win 10) the cursor is slightly larger than the normal one, and will start disappearing behind the Start Menu, Volume control, Notification panel, etc. it still 'works' on the menus, after clicking once it will start moving a gray box around and clicking again will activate the item, but it is quite annoying.

Anyways, for me mainly just something I have to remember when I notice it so I can switch back, but being that I love this program and have found it absolutely awesome, I wanted to let you know so you might try to correct it in a future release.

Thanks for the time, and all your work!

-Dycast

:)

Dycast, Aug 13, 2018
  2. sarlin326 Win User

Mouse Without Borders Windows 10 Issue - "Mouse Disappearing"

• When you say that "try to use two or more windows 10 machines together; the mouse pointer will disappear", are you connected to domain network? How exactly the computers are connected?
    • No, the currently upgraded Windows 10 pc's are all local machines connected through a router, but they are not on our domain currently. The reason being is to test any issues that might occur before putting them on our domain.

2. When you say that "purpose of the software", which software are you referring to?

• The software I am referring to is Mouse Without Borders. It's in the title of the subject line of my question.

Your suggestion to run the troubleshooter would not register there being a problem considering everything is functioning fine except for the visibility of the mouse.

This is a common problem with Mouse Without Borders dating back to the release of Windows 10. I just thought it would have been fixed by now. A google search will verify my info.

I will reword my situation a bit. For example, I have three Windows 10 machines hooked up to router. These three computers are connected together through Mouse Without Borders to 1 mouse and 1 keyboard. This works fine with our windows 7 machines. The issue
    is when we upgraded these test pc's to Windows 10, the mouse will disappear on 2 out of the 3 pc. The primary machine that the mouse and keyboard is hooked up to you can see perfectly fine because the peripherals are hooked up to that specific pc.

Now, the mouse is working on all the windows 10 pc's, but it is not visible to the human eye on any other pc that isn't the primary pc with the mouse/keyboard hooked up to it. The only solution that people have come up with involving a quick google search
    is to hook up a physical mouse to every pc. This actually does fix the issue which means this is just a minor software glitch with Mouse Without Borders. It could be something in Windows 10 settings that is causing the mouse to disappear on the other computers,
    but no fix has been found to my knowledge. I don't want to have to hook up a mouse to every pc using Mouse Without Borders on Windows 10. I'd revert the machines back to Windows 7 before I did that.

sarlin326, Aug 13, 2018
  3. shearerka Win User
    Mouse w/o borders cannot connect

I recently reimaged and since cannot connect my mouse w/o borders - it continues to time out.

I am on the same network, plugged in with ethernet, looked at firewall rules, uninstalled/reinstalled... nothing seems to work.

Thoughts?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC)

shearerka, Aug 13, 2018
  4. sarlin326 Win User

Mouse Without Borders Windows 10 Issue - "Mouse Disappearing"

Hi, as my subject title suggests, I'm have trouble with Mouse Without Borders on Windows 10 machines. If I try to use two or more windows 10 machines together; the mouse pointer will disappear on all of the other pc that are not the local machine. The mouse
    still works on all the pc's, but the mouse pointer is not visible. It worked fine with Windows 7. I'm running the latest Mouse Without Borders version.

The only solution we have found through out the forums is to add one physical mouse to each computer and that does work, however it kind of defeats the purpose of the software.

sarlin326, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus - Similar Threads - Mouse Borders issue

2. Cursor / Mouse disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor / Mouse disappeared: My cursor has completely disappeared from my computer. I have shut down, restarted my computer but it won't return. I can press control to locate it, but it does not show. I can sometimes move it around short distances but for the most part it won't respond....
  3. Cursor / Mouse disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor / Mouse disappeared: My cursor has completely disappeared from my computer. I have shut down, restarted my computer but it won't return. I can press control to locate it, but it does not show. I can sometimes move it around short distances but for the most part it won't respond....
  4. Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window: Occasionally my mouse cursor disappears behind an application window. I am running Windows 11.I've enabled showing the cursor when pressing the Ctrl key and this still works. When I hover the place where the cursor should be over buttons etc, they still show they are...
  5. Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window: Occasionally my mouse cursor disappears behind an application window. I am running Windows 11.I've enabled showing the cursor when pressing the Ctrl key and this still works. When I hover the place where the cursor should be over buttons etc, they still show they are...
  6. Mouse cursor disappears.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappears.: Just recently my cursor has started disappearing in games and in Win 10. I have tried what has been told to others to fix this but nothing i try makes a difference. It does what it wants....
  7. w 10 menus

in Windows 10 Support
    w 10 menus: Often, no more often than not when I am in a webpage and I move the cursor around a menu pops up. It starts with a arrow and ends in inspect. The sensitivity varies. Since there is an adjustment for just about anything in W10 I was wondering if there is one the can dampen the...
  8. Mouse Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Disappears: So I was using my computer for a few hours worked fine, turned it off and let it charge, when I turned it on again the mouse cursor disappeared, plugged in a wired mouse and it pops up, but when I unplug it, it disappeared again, someone help please. I’m on a laptop if that...
  9. Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping: I have had two machines connected for years. All of a sudden, my mouse from Computer A to Computer B with no problem. Back to computer A and then it's stuck. Sometimes the remains on Computer A and sometime there is no mouse at all. I can make the mouse reappear by...
  10. Mouse cursor disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappearing: Hello, I am using Win10 desktop with wired mouse; it's been working quite well for me until lately. I've had this Dell computer about 3 or so years, now. My mouse cursor has started to disappear at random times, only coming back when I rapidly move the mouse back and forth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse without borders invisible cursor

2. Mouse without Borders invisble cursor

3. cursor fx windows is behind start menu

4. MOUSE WITHout borders keep disappearing on screen,
  5. mouse without borders makes my cursor disapperar,
  6. MOUSE WITHOUT BORDERS POINTER DISAPPEARS BEHIND START MENUS,
  7. mouse without borders cursor disappears windows 10,
  8. mouse w/o borders,
  9. mouse without borders mouse behind start menu