Windows 10: Mouse Wheel Not Working

Discus and support Mouse Wheel Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It says it's a Dell MOC5UO, but a search on Dell.com didn't show anything. My computer also calls it an "HID Compliant Mouse" and says it was made by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterofcards, Mar 4, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Mouse Wheel Not Working

Your right I just did a search for it too. I did find that on amazon, they still have that mouse listed, at 9.95 price. Also it is VERY old was made in 2006 !!! You can try taking it out of the USB port, and putting it back in a different USB port, to see it that makes any difference. If it does not, then the mouse may just be wore out, dirty. Might be time to think about buying a newer mouse.

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016

2. I got a brand new Logitech M215! And the mouse wheel is still not working.

Masterofcards, Mar 4, 2016
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    After reading more about this mouse, on Logitech, it seems that it does not come with any drivers. Strange, as mine did, but I have a different model. Have you tried updating the windows driver in device manager? Or plug the Unifying receiver into a different USB port??

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Mouse Wheel Not Working

Also if the above fixes don't work, then open up your command prompt admin then type in sfc /scannow and see if it reports errors
    and either repairs the errors or does not repair them. Then let us know.

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  5. The other USB port hasn't changed anything, and the scan found no errors. Also, my device manager still recognizes my old mouse.

Masterofcards, Mar 5, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Look in your device manager, you should have something like in my screenshot, Also you should remove that old mouse driver.
    Click on old driver then choose uninstall, might have to unplug new mouse 1st, delete old mouse driver,remove your unifying receiver, then plug in new mouse.

Mouse Wheel Not Working [​IMG]

You should have this showing in your device manager....

OldMike65, Mar 5, 2016
  7. The new one wasn't there. Also, on the old mouse I clicked uninstall, removed the unifying receiver, plugged it back in, and the old one came back. How weird is that?

Masterofcards, Mar 5, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Mouse Wheel Not Working

WoW !!! Now you got me where I don't know what this problem is?? Seeing how this is a new mouse thou You can call Logitech Monday, and get tech support for FREE. That's the only thing I can think of right now. They should be able to solve this silly problem. *Smile Sorry I can't think of anything else. *Sad Mike...

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Wheel Not Working

1. Mouse Wheel Not Working - Similar Threads - Mouse Wheel Working

2. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  3. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  4. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel: I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I was in a game when it happened. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and my fingers are kind of numb.. so not sure what I...
  6. Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working: Hi I could really use some help with my mouse. I have a Samurai Black 3600 Optical Gaming Mouse. I've had it since June of 2019, and it's worked perfectly fine up until yesterday. I don't know why but the scroll wheel just stopped working. If I leave it alone long enough, it...
  7. Mouse Wheel

Mouse Wheel: I usually have my wireless mouse which I can normally scroll with by well... scrolling. When I switched to one of my old mice for a few hours which used a hold to scroll my other mouse also did that. I want to turn it back to normal scrolling instead of having to hold/click...
  8. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  9. mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse wheel: I am using Windows 10, and suddenly my mouse scrolls to fast. I have looked at the settings for my mouse, and I don't have an option to slow it down. Any suggestions to my problem?...
  10. Mouse Wheel isn't working

Mouse Wheel isn't working: So recently my mouse wheel has slowly stopped working, and now it won't scroll down the page at all (but I can still click the middle mouse button and scroll that way). My Touch pad (I am on a laptop) still works fine, but it's not so easy to use it. I dunno the manufacturer,...