Windows 10: Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Discus and support Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Booms, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Booms Win User

Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Hi,
    I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control).
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

:)

Booms, Mar 18, 2018

2. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500's scroll wheel is too sensitive

I bought the Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500, the wired one, and the scroll wheel is absolutely over sensitive. No matter what settings I change in the software it came with and in the Windows 10 mouse settings, the scroll wheel scrolls everything way too
    fast, especially in games. Are there any other settings or things I can do to make it not so sensitive? I tried setting the lines to scroll for horizontal and vertically to 1, but nothing changes.

KendraKoopa, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel too fast after Windows 10 Upgrade

Same problem, hopefully the fix doesn't take 2 hours to complete.

LandyStevens, Mar 18, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

I just posted to another thread where the OP reports the same issue. See Microsoft 5050 Wireless Keyboard Mouse Not Detected - Windows 10 Forums

Do you have Mouse and Keyboard center installed on your PC? If so, you can apparently manage the scroll rate there. The OP from that other post says he must repeat this action each time he boots or restarts his PC, so you may also be in the same boat.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 19, 2018
  5. Booms Win User
    Hi, (that was me with my old keyboard). I need to delete that one or finish it somehow.
    Yes, I have to reset it each time I reboot. I thought uninstalling the centre and re-installing might help?
    But, as it is not listed in programs when I go to Control Panel>Uninstall A Program...I can't.
    I have tried IOBit Uninstaller, and Revo Uninstaller, and they can't find it either...but I can run Mouse & Keyboard Centre, so it is definitely on there.

Booms, Mar 19, 2018
  6. Barman58 Win User
    The Mouse and Keyboard center could be part of the Mouse driver rather than a stand alone Installable Program

Check to see if you have the latest driver, (Device manager), make sure you have a copy of the driver installer and use the Device manager to remove the driver. . You can then let Windows install it's default driver You may even find that the mouse works better with the Default Microsoft Driver than the one you have, If not then install the latest driver that you can find and see if that is more stable

https://www.microsoft.com/accessorie...ess-mouse-2000

Barman58, Mar 19, 2018
  7. Booms Win User
    I have tried that, but to no avail.
    Thank you.

Booms, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast - Similar Threads - Mouse Wheel Scroll

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mouse scrolling fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse scrolling fast: so I am using the email box provided by win 10 every time I scroll it goes fast won't stop, I downloaded Thunder Bird tried the scrolling on mouse seams to work proper all drivers were done. Re win 11 up date says processor does not meet. anyhow don't know of windows 7 there...
  6. MOUSE SCROLLS TO FAST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MOUSE SCROLLS TO FAST: I BOUGHT A NEW MOUSE {LOGITECH M325} AND I CAN'T GET SCROLL TO SLOW DOWN. I TRIED GOING TO SCROLL ONE LINE AND SLOWING THE CURSER DOWN. IT DIDN'T HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolls-to-fast/7eb2b603-0229-404c-a22e-e87658fd1b2f
  7. Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow

Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow: I'm using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop combo and after almost every restart, the mouse scrolling speed using scroll wheel get screwed up. It's either too fast or too slow, depending on the previous adjustment. Only adjustment through Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center...
  8. MS Wireless mouse scrolls too fast

MS Wireless mouse scrolls too fast: My 'MS wireless mouse 1000' scrolls too fast. This is in spite of bringing down the number of lines to just one at a time. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wireless-mouse-scrolls-too-fast/ab4bfb27-eb08-4b28-a287-e343c45f3b04
  9. Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse wheel scrolls too fast in browser: Hope someone can help this is very frustrating. I recently updated from Win 8 to Win 10 and I think (but not 100% sure) that it was at this time that I started getting the problem. When browsing and using the mouse wheel to scroll it scrolls much too quickly. One click of...
  10. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e