Windows 10: Mouse without borders clipboard

Discus and support Mouse without borders clipboard in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have mouse without borders connecting 2 computers (laptop and desktop) both running Windows 10 64bit. The desktop has 2 identical monitors. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sheldon100, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mouse without borders clipboard

I have mouse without borders connecting 2 computers (laptop and desktop) both running Windows 10 64bit. The desktop has 2 identical monitors. I also run clipmate, a clipboard program on both machines. When I copy something to the clipboard on one machine it does not copy to the other machine. Occasionally this function works perfectly and then it stops working. This issue happens with clipmate closed as well. I have tried running clipmate in comparability mode with no results. I have tried programs similar Mouse without Borders with no results. Microsoft support is no help. Nobody seems to know what the answer is.

:)

Sheldon100, Mar 7, 2016

2. Most of the time the 2nd computer does not receive what was copied on the 1st computer and vice versa

Original title: Mouse without borders

I am using Mouse without borders on 2 Windows 10 computers. Everything is updated. I am also using Clipmate 7.5.(latest version) running on both computers. When I copy on one computer it quite often does not copy on the other one. Occasionally it works perfectly
    and whatever I copy to clipmate on one computer clipmate on the other computer receives the copy as well. But, most of the time the 2nd computer does not receive what was copied on the 1st computer and vica versa. Why does it work sometimes and not others.
    Clipmate support wanted to know if this program had a clipboard synch feature as that might be causing the problem.

Sheldon100, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Truong Do Win User
    Mouse Without Borders (#mousewithoutborders, Mouse Without Borders (#mousewithoutborders, http://www.aka.ms/mm))

BSOD should not be a bug in Mouse Without Borders but in Windows itself, you can report it to the Windows team with repro steps.

The app does not have much settings so it should not take more than few minutes to update, you can probably capture the Other Options tab of the Settings form to manually match that with your new installation.

From this version forward, I believe the Settings are restored after upgragde.

Truong Do, Mar 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Mouse without borders clipboard

It does not surprise me that Microsoft will not help. They will only assist if you are a Enterprise customer. They have totally tossed their main user base for their products. Because you are going between two machines, The Clip folder and registry can hold that item on that computer, and sometimes not pass it over to third party software.

This is the tutorial on here that walks you through the setup. Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders - Windows 10 Forums

A third party Internet Security product on any of the devices can cause it not to work correctly. Are you using one of the machines or a tablet to access the two machines?

bro67, Mar 8, 2016
  5. I'm using one of the machines. No security products installed other than AVG basic anti-virus.

Sheldon100, Mar 8, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    AVG can cause it if it is set to flush the temp files and other cache.

Remove AVG and just run Windows Defender on both machines to see if the behavior changes.

bro67, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Uninstalled AVG on both machines. Closed clipmate on both machines. Still didn't work. Question? Am I OK just running Windows defender for anti-virus or should I re-install AVG?

Sheldon100, Mar 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

You are fine as long as you do not open unknown emails and download attachments, along with not visiting sketchy sites.

Windows 10 Defender is fine for testing what is going on.

I still think that somehow the folder and cache that clipped items go into is corrupt.

Have you gone through the tutorial for the Dism Repair yet, to see if that fixes it?

I forgot that Internet Explorer still controls that function. Try this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/309662

The registry setting may not be the same for 10.

bro67, Mar 9, 2016
  9. SOHO1 Win User
    I have JUST RECENTLY (last week or so) been having copy/paste issues after using Mouse without Borders (Garage Mouse) for several months.

I have added some software to one of the PCs and it may be that installing SLACK has caused a compatibility problem with the copy buffer - NOT SURE.

In any case, after a lot of testing, I found that the copy buffer was working on one machine (to copy to the other) but not the reverse situation. PC LEFT could copy to PC RIGHT but PC RIGHT could not copy to PC LEFT. the copy buffer DID WORK ON EITHER PC LOCALLY for all local applications.

The difference was SLACK and some WIn10 updates on PC RIGHT - Again, not proven to be the culprit but suspected. UPDATE: (See below)

FYI - As I am required to run SLACK, after wasting hours researching and testing solutions for Mouse without Borders, I installed ShareMouse. That works just fine. UPDATE: (See below)

Whilst I don't like the feel of ShareMouse as much as MouseWithoutBorders, i'll take a working program over a broken one any minute of the day. Hope this helps the next person.

UPDATE: I tested by uninstalling the SLACK on the PC on the right. No effect. I tested by installing SLACK on the PC on the LEFT - Again no change. So SLACK was not the culprit. Leaving what? Windows updates?

SOHO1, Aug 17, 2016
  10. Try using 1ClipBoard instead of ClipMate.

robdam1001, Aug 24, 2016
  11. olivier57 Win User
    Hi,

In my case I found that there is a conflict between gotoassist and mouse without borders. Killing the 3 processes from goto assist and relaunching MWB solves the problem.

this link confirms the conflict Remote Desktop Manager

Olivier

olivier57, Aug 20, 2017
  12. Try3 Win User
    Sheldon,

MwoB's creator, Truong Do, maintains this discussion board on the MSAnswers website - Mouse Without Borders (discussion) and helps several users with their MwoB problems.

Denis

Thema:

1. Mouse without borders clipboard - Similar Threads - Mouse without borders

2. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders: Hi, i have two pc's 01 an 02, Hi, can i use Mouse Without Borders with a mouse in pc 01 and a keyboard in pc 02 together?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/d57f10ef-8700-4c3d-92e7-5ae4fa0d1870
  3. Mouse Without Borders

Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  4. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  5. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders: I have been running Mouse without borders on my desktop and laptop for many years. My question is that considering my desktop will be getting Windows 11upgrading from 10 fairly soon and I will have to get a new laptop since my old one is not compatible with Win 11 I have to...
  6. Mouse Without Borders

Mouse Without Borders: Does the Mouse-w/o Borders use hardware or wifi to connect the computers? Thank you, J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/742bcaa4-51ab-47bb-9742-d6261bb31497
  7. Mouse Without Borders - Clipboard content is sometimes modified

Mouse Without Borders - Clipboard content is sometimes modified: Hi there, in general, Mouse Without Borders works as expected. But if I am copy-/pasting items with certain attributes, the sometimes get lost. Example: 1. I copy a formatted text in Corel Draw and paste it on another page in Corel Draw. Formatting Font, Size, Colour...
  8. Mouse without borders

Mouse without borders: Is Mouse without Borders no longer supported in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/92baf8af-e0ea-4c06-85de-73eec27fd2f5
  9. mouse without borders

mouse without borders: Mouse with out borders. Windows 7 is the master machine. Windows 10 the slave. Master machine 1 screen, Slave triple screen. Master will not drop (or raise) into screen 3 of slave. It will how ever exit master left or right. It always drops into either screen 1 or 2. I can...
  10. mouse without borders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse without borders: It was installed and working fine before I had to to reinstall windows. Now it keeps failing to install in my secondary laptop. Im getting an internal error notification. What do i need to do to install mouse without borders and have it boot up without errors?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse without border clipboard not working