Windows 10: mouse wont lock on dual monitor setup in some games

Discus and support mouse wont lock on dual monitor setup in some games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello tenforums so ive recently setup a secondary monitor, but the mouse simply wont lock into the screen where the game is being played (total war)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by froller2, Feb 6, 2016.

1. froller2 Win User

mouse wont lock on dual monitor setup in some games

hello tenforums so ive recently setup a secondary monitor, but the mouse simply wont lock into the screen where the game is being played (total war) and if i do end up clicking somewhere on the secondary monitor the game will be minimized which is bothersome, anyone know a fix of sort to this? and ye i have tried borderless and fullscreen but in vain.

another issue ive had is that the secondary screen (1600x900) gets some flicker/lines whenever i use vga to connect it, but it works superb with dvi, any idea as to why?

now another thing is that when i move the mouse/cursor from the top right corner of the main monitor(1920x1080) it wont switch over to the secondary one(my idea being that the res/size is diffrent)

video example: example - YouTube

:)

froller2, Feb 6, 2016

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Mouse Cursor not locking in Games

Hello Jabron,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Sometimes with a multiple monitor setup when you move your mouse from left to right inside the game the mouse can leave the game and move to a different monitor. If while your mouse is on the other screen you click (thinking you are still in the game) it
    can alt + tab you out of the game and in some cases crash it.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to define a Keyboard Shortcut to Lock or Unlock Mouse Movements to the Monitor with Mouse Cursor. Once Mouse is Locked to one Monitor, you will not be able to move the Mouse Cursor to any other Monitor unless
    you Unlock Mouse by pressing the Keyboard Shortcut again

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

mouse wont lock on dual monitor setup in some games

1. mouse wont lock on dual monitor setup in some games - Similar Threads - mouse wont lock

2. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  3. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  4. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  6. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  7. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  8. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup

Dual Monitor Setup: I have had a dual monitor setup for at least a year now with no issues on either monitor. A month ago, I decided to buy a new monitor and I set my wife up with my old monitor so she could use a dual monitor setup for herself. I plugged the monitors in and it booted up just...
  10. Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz: I've been running a multi-monitor setup for a while now, with an ASUS VG248QE 144Hz monitor as my main, and one or more spare monitors as secondary displays. I've set the ASUS monitor to 144Hz without issue in the past, while the other monitors stay at 60Hz. The other...