Windows 10: Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc?

Discus and support Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a problem lately where after logging into windows I cant click anything, I can right click, but thats it. And if a window is open,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nyko2016, May 13, 2016.

1. nyko2016 Win User

Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc?

Hi, I've been having a problem lately where after logging into windows I cant click anything, I can right click, but thats it. And if a window is open, if I left click, it deselects that window as if My mouse click clicks behind the open window. But, get this, if I open command prompt and type "sfc /scannow/, my mouse will work fine. Also SFC never finds any errors, or windows update verification errors. Can someone tell me how to fix this so I don't have to run the SFC command every time?

:)

nyko2016, May 13, 2016
  2. CraigWar Win User

USB mouse keyboard issue

USB mouse and keyboard no longer work after normal boot process. They both work fine doing diagnostics and running system restore from safe boot. After the restore the PC boots in selective mode and both work then at least for a while. In normal boot mode
    they both stop after Windows (10) starts loading.

CraigWar, May 13, 2016
  3. windows 10 upgrade now computer wont boot up at all

my dell laptop had win7 and worked fine , upgraded to win10 but it was so slow and buggy after 2 weeks and also crashed repeatedly so i was not happy with it that i tried the restore to win 7 but now it wont boot at all even with win 7 recovery disc
    , safe mode not working either no keyboard or mouse running

i use win 10 at work but this laptop is my personal unit

monsterman750, May 13, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Have you tried just updating your mouse driver?? sometimes that works.

OldMike65, May 13, 2016
  5. nyko2016 Win User
    I just tried that, and restarted my computer. It didnt fix the mouse click issue *Sad. Thanks for suggesting tho.

nyko2016, May 13, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    If this mouse is a USB type mouse .....try plugging it in a different usb port...

OldMike65, May 13, 2016
  7. Do you have another mouse? My left mouse button sticks a bit from time to time.
    USB mice (even wireless mice) are fairly cheap - a different input device would eliminate bad hardware as the root cause.

Is the Remote control and receiver for Windows Media Center possibly causing a conflict?

Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Thanks

Slartybart, May 13, 2016
  8. nyko2016 Win User

I switched USB ports, and that seemed to fix the problem! *Smile I might just get another mouse anyway, this one is old. I only switched to this one because I damaged my newer one and it wouldn't work anymore. Also, with the other mouse, a problem developed where it started jumping across the screen when I moved it, which was ok, i could still use it. but then later, it got so bad, moving the mouse would move the cursor one pixel across the screen, I was unable to fix that problem, even with switching USB ports or mice. So I reset my computer. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen again, or the mouse click problem. So thanks for the help! *Smile

Slartybart , thanks for the suggestion, but the mouse is working fine again. *Smile

nyko2016, May 13, 2016
  9. I looked at your machine specs and saw it had a PS2 mouse & Kbd. I probably would have suggested trying a different USB port ... had I known you had a USB mouse *Wink

I picked up a wireless mse/kbd combo with a mini transceiver for about 30 USD. Wait for a sale!

I'm glad you worked it out.

Slartybart, May 13, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Glad that worked for you!!! That is another good idea if you want to buy a new mouse, they can be real cheap. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc? - Similar Threads - Mouse wont boot

2. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.: I have an MSI laptop running windows 10 I was having issues with the battery so i replaced the battery by myself. It worked fine for a day and then when I came home and put it to charge , it shut down when it went off the adapter. I can still see the battery percentage to be...
  3. Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wont run on battery after replacement.: I have an MSI laptop running windows 10 I was having issues with the battery so i replaced the battery by myself. It worked fine for a day and then when I came home and put it to charge , it shut down when it went off the adapter. I can still see the battery percentage to be...
  4. Issues encountered after running sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues encountered after running sfc /scannow: Desktop\Windows 10; Version 20H2A Microsoft Tech agent recommended I ran this Command once or twice a year several years ago when I ran into issues with Windows and had to Re-Install Windows when the Tech had me run this command....the command found many issues that could not...
  5. Issues encountered after running sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues encountered after running sfc /scannow: Desktop\Windows 10; Version 20H2A Microsoft Tech agent recommended I ran this Command once or twice a year several years ago when I ran into issues with Windows and had to Re-Install Windows when the Tech had me run this command....the command found many issues that could not...
  6. Issues encountered after running sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart: Power supply went out, replaced, only way to boot up HP pavilion is to do a hard restart now, prior to replacing the power supply it worked great. Thank you in advance for any assistance....
  8. Games not running properly after working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running properly after working fine: I have 6 games installed and I'm having issues with half of them. Outer Worlds: Installed, was running fine, then I an error - top right button said install 0%, reinstalled, eventually same issue but I fixed by using the icon on the far left clicking the arrow there instead...
  9. Problems found after running sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems found after running sfc /scannow: WINDOWS\diagnostics\system\Apps" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-AppsDiagnostic, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} 26799
  10. SFC wont run from boot command prompt, says ....

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC wont run from boot command prompt, says ....: SFC wont run from boot command prompt, says there are other pending actions and needs to reboot. Rebooting does no good. in other win OS this command, dism.exe /image:c:\/cleanup-image /revertpendingactions would fix this issue. Edit: I just found the Dism command on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard and mouse not working after sfc scannow