Windows 10: mouse won't work

Discus and support mouse won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 on my Dell PC and the screen opens with hello (and my name) and a place to click to continue or next but the mouse is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniella, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Daniella Win User

mouse won't work

I downloaded Windows 10 on my Dell PC and the screen opens with hello (and my name) and a place to click to continue or next but the mouse is not available to me now. I tried just hitting enter but that does not work. I can't access anything on my computer now as it won't open with out the mouse! By the way I am using my husband's Mac Book Pro to type this. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Daniella, Aug 1, 2015

2. Mouse not working

The mouse on keypad working fine because it is showing on the screen but on the lock screen the mouses click won't work on the screen so I'm not able to sign in on the picture password and the shutdown button on screen below the 'switch sign in' is not working
    so I can't shut my laptop down and I also can't switch the sign in because the mouse won't work.

nadiaboyle, Aug 1, 2015
  3. RobE123 Win User
    All mouse suddenly stops working

I've been facing a strange issue, my usb mouse will suddenly stop working, even if I change to a different mouse it won't work either. When it happens there's no warning or anything, the touchpad continues to work, but all mice stops working. The usb port
    works fine for other devices like pen drive, just the mouse won't work. A restart is necessary for the mouse to work again. Also I checked the device manager when it happens, it says the mouse is functioning normally. Has anyone faced this before? What could
    be causing it?

RobE123, Aug 1, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

mouse won't work

Switch off the laptop, disconnect the mains, remove the battery, press power button for 20-30 secs, leave it to rest for a while then install the battery, connect the mains and try, HTH.

brummyfan, Aug 1, 2015
  5. jeffreit Win User
    I had this problem too, (and it was NOT a bad mouse) I could only click on the desktop, couldn't click on anything in the task bar or start menu, I couldn't get into devise manager and couldn't even start task mngr. If I tried the 3 finger salute task mngr opened , took up the whole screen & the only thing I could do is manually shut it down or pull the power plug. I let it sit connected to the internet for a few days hoping maybe an update may fix it but nothing worked.

I was about to re-install windows, then I just hit the power button force shutting down & restarting about 7-8 times then all of a sudden The mouse started working. I can now access everything, I don't know what actually fixed the issue, The only thing I was able to do was force shut down & restart But something worked & I now have windows 10 working on this 6 year old emachine just fine.

jeffreit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mouse won't work

1. mouse won't work - Similar Threads - mouse won't

2. Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad: For some reason, my mouse is just latched onto my touchpad and won't separate even when I press the button to disconnect in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wont-disconnect-from-touchpad/b272f043-4461-42dc-8550-ff5b807ffd4a
  3. Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad: For some reason, my mouse is just latched onto my touchpad and won't separate even when I press the button to disconnect in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wont-disconnect-from-touchpad/b272f043-4461-42dc-8550-ff5b807ffd4a
  4. Mouse cursor won't work install Windows again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse cursor won't work install Windows again: Hi Mi mouse won't work while installing Windows again it says the computer restarted unexpectedly or unexpected error Click ok to restart computer but i cant Click ok because My mouse won't work it work on My laptop so its not Broken and my keyboard is Broken so u cant do...
  5. Mouse cursor won't work install Windows again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor won't work install Windows again: Hi Mi mouse won't work while installing Windows again it says the computer restarted unexpectedly or unexpected error Click ok to restart computer but i cant Click ok because My mouse won't work it work on My laptop so its not Broken and my keyboard is Broken so u cant do...
  6. Mouse cursor won't work install Windows again

7. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  8. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  9. I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...: PC monitor controller keyboard and mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-put-to-much-ram-in-the-bios-and-now-my-monitor/c3666598-4b22-4276-9399-683c4164da3c
  10. I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...

I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...: PC monitor controller keyboard and mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-put-to-much-ram-in-the-bios-and-now-my-monitor/c3666598-4b22-4276-9399-683c4164da3c