Windows 10: Move Activated Windows 10 from Parallels VM to different computer

Discus and support Move Activated Windows 10 from Parallels VM to different computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have an activated W10 install in Parallels VM on my Macbook Pro. I'd like to remove the VM and use the license on another computer. If it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pseudoware, May 16, 2018.

1. Move Activated Windows 10 from Parallels VM to different computer

Hi, I have an activated W10 install in Parallels VM on my Macbook Pro. I'd like to remove the VM and use the license on another computer.

If it matters, the VM was originally a Windows 7 install, and I did the in-place W10 upgrade.

Any secret to doing this? Thanks!

:)

pseudoware, May 16, 2018

2. Moving windows 10 VM to a new computer

I am running windows 10 as a VM under Parallels 12. I am moving to a new computer and want to know what I need to do, if anything, to deactivate and activate Windows 10. Since it is in a VM, I just copied the VM file to the new computer but do I need to
    do more?

Thanks.

RobertGleason_771, May 18, 2018
  3. AMac1234 Win User
    Unable to activate Windows 10 in parallels

I transferred a valid and activated copy of windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7) to Parallels on my Mac. The copy in Parallels though says it is not activated. How do I activate this VM?

The original windows computer is now switched off and not used, but is a windows 7 virtual machine in Parallels on this Mac.

AMac1234, May 18, 2018
Thema:

Move Activated Windows 10 from Parallels VM to different computer

1. Move Activated Windows 10 from Parallels VM to different computer - Similar Threads - Move Activated Parallels

2. Windows won't activate after moving from a VM on the same Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate after moving from a VM on the same Hardware: I recently upgraded my PC hardware. At the same time I went from windows 10 on my old hardware to windows 11 on my new hardware.I uninstalled my license key from my old PC using slmgr /upk.Then on my new PC I ran Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine inside of Linux. In that...
  3. Windows won't activate after moving from a VM on the same Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after moving from a VM on the same Hardware: I recently upgraded my PC hardware. At the same time I went from windows 10 on my old hardware to windows 11 on my new hardware.I uninstalled my license key from my old PC using slmgr /upk.Then on my new PC I ran Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine inside of Linux. In that...
  4. Activation of Win 10 pro transfer to a VM on a different computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Win 10 pro transfer to a VM on a different computer.: J have just transferred the full contents including Win10 pro with a a valid product key from an old desktop which is being scrapped to a VM running on an external drive on a new iMac computer using Parallels. The transfer was successful and all runs exactly as I want except...
  5. activating windows 10 in parallels

activating windows 10 in parallels: I installed parallels, and bought windows 10, and since I installed windows first time by boot camp on mac and I already now formatted my mac and installed parallels, I am facing a problem to activate the windows. support never do calls to Kuwait, so how can I contact...
  6. Activating Windows on parallels

Activating Windows on parallels: I am trying to activate my windows account on my new Mac which is running Parallels. I have a monthly subscription to Windows 365 but can't find a product key anywhere to enter...
  7. Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM

Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM: Hello I have been running Windows 10 on my Mac using Parallels VM for about four years. I previously bought a full copy of Windows 7 and took the free upgrade to 10 when available. Yesterday the system upgrade on Windows 10 did not go on properly and I was unable to start...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation Parallels: How do I activate Windows 10 that was included in Parallels? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-parallels/005afca0-acf2-413f-8ba5-70a07efbc448
  9. Windows 10 Activation in Parallels

Windows 10 Activation in Parallels: I have a genuine Windows key and managed to activate Windows 10 under VMWare Fusion for Mac OS. However, I prefer Parallels instead of Fusion and re-installed Windows 10 under Parallels. For whatever reason, I cannot activate Windows under Parallels but I can under Fusion....
  10. VM's. Moving to different HDD's and Digital Licences

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM's. Moving to different HDD's and Digital Licences: Hi there Just a note to people who perhaps have upgraded to W10 from say W7 and then move to a different HDD when they upgraded from W7 to a W10 VM. KEEP the original W7 image . You can always create a new licensed W10 system from that if everything goes pear shaped....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remove product key from OLD parallels vm

2. parallels unable to activate already used on another pc

3. move free windows 10 retail on parallels

4. export vm activate windows,
  5. move parallels to boot camp