Windows 10: Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData?

Discus and support Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I like backing up favorites during weekly backups. Edge favorites are buried 10 folders deep in an obscure place. I tried moving them to see if Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Looey, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Looey Win User

Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData?

I like backing up favorites during weekly backups. Edge favorites are buried 10 folders deep in an obscure place. I tried moving them to see if Edge would ask me where they were but it just created a new favorites folder. I can put a shortcut somewhere but I'd like to move the folder closer to the user ID similar to the way IE works. Anyone know how to do that?

:)

Looey, Aug 4, 2015

2. Where did my favorites go in Windows 10?

CLick on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of the edge screen, just underneath the Minimize "button". The side window that comes up will be your favorites list. Pick the blue option "import favorites" and go from there. Be forewarned though, When
    I did it, I imported mine from Chrome and they all populated, but in reverse order. It took awhile to rearrange them back to how I'm used to seeing them. If you use the Favorites Bar, you have to move stuff around that Bar *in* the favorites menu on the right
    side. Folders can get stuck inside other folders if you try it from the Bar.

ScottR7431, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Managing Favorites in Edge

How to you move favorites into and out of different folders in Edge? Don't want to import.

PatriciaKelcher, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData?

1. Move Edge Favorites out from underneath AppData? - Similar Threads - Move Edge Favorites

2. Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left: I'd like to move my favorites list from right to left on MS Edge. I've read many instructions but none work, is this possible? if so, please provide step by step details. Thank you....
  3. Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left: I'd like to move my favorites list from right to left on MS Edge. I've read many instructions but none work, is this possible? if so, please provide step by step details. Thank you....
  4. Favorites Bar Move in MS EDGE from Right to Left

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  6. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  8. Edge - Favorites Bar - How to move shortcuts?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Favorites Bar - How to move shortcuts?: I imported 25 items from IE 11 for my Favorites Bar. 17 is the max number that appears on the horizontal display of the Favorites Bar and 8 appear on the drop down portion below the 'V'. I found that I can drag and move ONLY the ones on the horizontal line to rearrange them,...
  9. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  10. Moving favorites from Edge to anything else?

in Browsers and Email
    Moving favorites from Edge to anything else?: My computer gets extremely slow. If I look at the task manager (which can take 5 minutes to load) it shows I am out of memory because Edge is taking up sever GB. Since I don't seem to be able to fix that, I want to leave Edge; but I have lots of favorites and don't want to...