Windows 10: Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

Discus and support Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abredt, Mar 13, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer.

I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10.
    I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer.

How do I do that?
    Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Mar 13, 2017

2. how do i get my email after going to windows 10

Are you using Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail (which came with Vista) on the Vista computer?

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 13, 2017
  3. New smart phone user

"I'm so very confused!!! I do not have a "windows phone", but an AT& T go phone. I have multiple emails servers, i.e., windows live mail; frontier.yahoo; gmail by google. I do have microsoft windows live mail account as default on home pc, but emails that
    were able to come into my phone email did not show up in my windows live mail.."

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

Claudia Slosser, Mar 13, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Helmut, Mar 13, 2017
  5. abredt Win User
    The email server for my Windows Live Mail is Time Warner that uses a POP protocol. So, all of my old emails are physically on my Windows 7 computer.

I set up Windows Mail on my Windows 10 computer and I am able to get new emails. And I can make folders to put them in.
    My question is how to get the old emails to my Windows 10 computer. And to put them into folders.
    cb

abredt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Move Emails Live

2. Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail": I'm moving Windows 10 Live Mail 2011 files from my wife's old computer into another computer which has Mail that's in Windows 10. Is there a trick to it? I see no menu bar that says import, etc. Can someone give me easy steps to accomplish this? Thanks....
  3. Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail: How do I access (with my new Windows 10 Home [version 1903] computer using Windows Mail) the many thousands of Windows Live Mail (WLM) emails on my old Windows 7 computer. I use yahoo mail, and I am able to get new yahoo mail using Windows 10 Mail on the new computer, and I...
  4. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  5. Recover emails from windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    Recover emails from windows live mail: Hello everybody, I used windows live mail for years however recently I had a problem with my HDD and windows 10 was so bad that it wouldn't start (I tested 10 different ways) So I decided to take advantage and buy an SSD and make a new clean install. Now I have both hard...
  6. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  7. Sending email from Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending email from Windows Live Mail: I can receive but not send email from my comcast. acct on this computer. The error message says my account does not exist. The Microsoft store does not answer the phone and any other number I call is automated and does not recognize my question. How does one get a human to...
  8. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  9. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  10. Move Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Windows Live Mail: I should know this. However, I need to get my Windows Live Mail off my old PC and put on new built PC. Both are running Windows 10, Build 14316. I've tried a simple Export Message but it exports the Folders with nothing in them. Had this before but can't remember. Pete...