Windows 10: Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

Discus and support Move entire Start Menu to different monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor setup and all of a sudden, when I open the Start Menu, it appears on the second monitor. How do I move it back to the primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kgash, Jul 27, 2016.

1. kgash Win User

Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

I have a dual monitor setup and all of a sudden, when I open the Start Menu, it appears on the second monitor. How do I move it back to the primary monitor. I am using Display Fusion to manage my monitors

:)

kgash, Jul 27, 2016
  2. kgash Win User

Thank you for your reply.

This is embarrassing, but when I restarted Windows 10, the problem seemed to resolve itself and the Start Menu is back on the primary monitor.

kgash, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

The Start menu should open up the same on every monitor (unlike old versions, Windows 10 every monitor gets a Start button). So I can only assume that Display Fusion is causing this behavior.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 27, 2016
  4. Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

Sounds like this is a display fusion issue. I have dual monitors - one my laptop screen and the other a free standing monitor - and have the freestanding monitor set as the primary display. The start menu pops up next to the task bar in the expected area.

Peri Hartman, Jul 27, 2016
  5. kgash Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I have been using this setup with Display Fusion for months and the problem just appeared today.
    Is there a key combination to switch Start Menu from one monitor to another?

kgash, Jul 27, 2016
  6. No key combo that I'm aware of. I can move the task bar around and the start menu goes with it.

Peri Hartman, Jul 27, 2016
  7. CFL87 Win User
    Question, could you show me a screenshot of both monitors at the same time?

CFL87, Jul 27, 2016
  8. kgash Win User

This is embarrassing, but when I restarted Windows 10, the problem seemed to resolve itself and the Start Menu is back on the primary monitor.
    Thank you for your replies

kgash, Jul 27, 2016
  9. CFL87 Win User
    That's great! Glad you got the issue resolved.

CFL87, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Move entire Start Menu to different monitor - Similar Threads - Move entire Start

2. Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.: Hello, because of my job i have a crazy 4 monitor setup. My main monitor in the windows settings is the middle one but i moved the main task bar to the top monitor. Everything is working fine and like intendet. The only thing that really really enoyes me is that when i click...
  3. Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.: Hello, because of my job i have a crazy 4 monitor setup. My main monitor in the windows settings is the middle one but i moved the main task bar to the top monitor. Everything is working fine and like intendet. The only thing that really really enoyes me is that when i click...
  4. Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A start menu tile is a different color

A start menu tile is a different color: Hello!I've had this problem for a while now, basically a start menu tile picture below is slightly lighter then the others. I'm running version 21H1, so the tiles should be all the same color.Got any idea?...
  6. Different color of tiles in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different color of tiles in the start menu.: [ATTACH] Yes, I have a problem again. I hope it's the last one. Some tiles of the background is brighter than the other. I saw a similar post about 2 weeks ago, but I lost it. P.s.:the system has Russian installed, because I am from Russia....
  7. Start menu different

Start menu different: Split from this thread. I recently downloaded an update of Copic search.; They changed the start menu. How can I revert to the prior format? I have since deleted the program as I was advised that it is not secure by my McCaffrey...
  8. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  9. How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Start Menu is one of the most important UI element in Windows 10. In the recent past, Microsoft has added new features and redesigned the Start Menu several times. It is very common for professionals to use multiple monitors [...] This post How to move...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437