Windows 10: Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

Discus and support Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account? 101239 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Florio, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Florio Win User

Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account?

:)

Florio, Dec 28, 2017
  2. mcbsys Win User

Zune will not install certificate

"Roaming" is a domain concept that has to do with roaming profiles. In a domain configured to use roaming profiles, the \Roaming information is copied to the server on logoff and to any domain machine at logon, so it can follow the user from one computer
    to another. Since certificates are in that subfolder, they would roam on a properly-configured domain.

I remembered that I do have a non-domain Win7 computer running Media Center. Even that one stores certificates in

C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA

So apparently the profile is "prepared" for Roaming even if the PC is not on a domain.

Also checked an XP machine, which, it turns out, uses a different path:

C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserApplication Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA

Probably the instructions should use the %appdata% environment variable, which on XP resolves to

C:\Documents and Settings\XPMUser\Application Data

and on Win7 resolves to

C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming

In both cases, the user needs the Microsoft\Crypto\RSA folder under that.

I'll update my answer accordingly.

Mark Berry

mcbsys, Dec 28, 2017
  3. BOOKMARK MISSING

You can find your bookmark backups in a folder such as the ones below - if they still exist. There is no point in looking at ntuser.dat. It is a registry hive and does not contain Firefox bookmarks.

C:\Users\RandyF\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cinjfct9.default\bookmarkbackups

C:\Windows.old\Users\FLang\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cinjfct9.default\bookmarkbackups

Frederik Long, Dec 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Yes, e.g. by booting from an external boot disk such as Kyhi's available from the top of the Software and Apps section here.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another? - Similar Threads - Move folders AppData

2. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving user profile folders to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  3. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile folders to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  4. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  6. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  7. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Move user profile folders to another drive

Move user profile folders to another drive: I've seen some stuff on here about how to move folders IN a user profile to another drive. I need the entire profile to be on another drive. I bought an OEM Dell machine that came with a 256GB system drive and a 1TB data drive. Great. As far as it goes. Moving just...
  9. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  10. Moving pictures from one folder to another

Moving pictures from one folder to another: How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-from-one-folder-to-another/2ea83dc2-e384-4573-90fa-cc81f140d97a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roaming personal certificates from one computer to another

2. move appdata Roaming folder

3. move roaming profile to new user

4. copy appdata from one user to.another,
  5. copy file from roaming