Windows 10: Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Move Libraries Above or Below This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to: Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to Move Libraries Above or Below This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place.

This tutorial will show you how to move Libraries above or below This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to move Libraries in the navigation pane.

EXAMPLE: Libraries above and below This PC in navigation pane of File Explorer

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}

SortOrderIndex DWORD

54 (hex) = Below This PC
    42 (hex) = Above This PC

1. Do step 2 (above) or step 3 (below) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane of File Explorer
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Libraries_above_This-PC_in_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download

3. To Move Libraries Below This PC in Navigation Pane of File Explorer
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Default_Libraries_below_This-PC_in_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 11, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Library Icon in Windows 10

You'll have to drag and drop them from that very specific location, or it won't let you drag and drop them. I find it best to copy and paste the location in the step into the address bar of File Explorer and press Enter.

In your screenshot, the folders under "This PC" in the navigation pane wouldn't be for the libraries if that is what you meant. The tutorial below can help show you how to see libraries in the navigation pane.

Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. LAUBO Win User

Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn,

Unfortuantely, none of these tricks seem to be working for me. I have tried:

I am using Windows 10 x64, recently cleanly installed on a new laptop. I have not installed any third party software which could interfere. I am viewing Explorer with 'Show all folders' and 'Expand to current folder' enabled.

I checked in the registry whether the DWords were altered, and indeed, the values did change after applying your 'remove.reg'. However, it had no effect.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot! Laurens

LAUBO, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Zardoc Win User
    Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Just a quick note,

Libraries activation box has been moved in 10240.

Zardoc, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move Libraries Above

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane: Hi,Currently my Quick Access is displayed in right pane when selecting the Home icon in the navigation pane. When I go into the File Explore option, Quick Access is missing. I only have in the pick list: HOME; THIS PC & ONE DRIVE PERSONNAL.How can I make the Quick Access...
  4. How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Quick Access to Navigation Pane: Hi,Currently my Quick Access is displayed in right pane when selecting the Home icon in the navigation pane. When I go into the File Explore option, Quick Access is missing. I only have in the pick list: HOME; THIS PC & ONE DRIVE PERSONNAL.How can I make the Quick Access...
  5. Navigation Pane - Move This PC Above OneDrive & Collapsed By Default

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Move This PC Above OneDrive & Collapsed By Default: I have a lot of folders in my OneDrive and it's expanded by default in my navigation pane, meaning that I always have to scroll down a fair amount to get to 'This PC' which is what I usually want to access when opening the explorer. Is there anyway to either move This PC...
  6. Windows Settings to This PC and Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings to This PC and Navigation Pane: Does anyone know how to add Windows Settings to This PC and File Explorer Navigation Pane? There are tutorials for adding Control Panel on this site but not Settings. It seems a custom GUID would have to be generated. Thanks! 135037
  7. How to move Libraries above This PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move Libraries above This PC?: The attached screenshot shows my left navigation pane. I've stripped out a lot of stuff by using some of Brink's tutorials. Can anyone tell me how to move Libraries to the top of the list - as in XP and Win 7? Thanks. 72184
  8. Windows 10 Navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Navigation pane: I have installed adobe creative cloud but its folder is showing in the navigate pane. I want to remove it from there. Will you please help me to do this. 13320
  9. Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default....
  10. Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show desktop above this pc in navigation pane

2. how to move libriaries above desktop in file explorer