Windows 10: move new user prpofile to the old one

Discus and support move new user prpofile to the old one in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was thinking about moving my new user profile to my old one so i don't have to copy all the contents make it much faster, is there any way to do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ray495, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ray495 Win User

move new user prpofile to the old one

I was thinking about moving my new user profile to my old one so i don't have to copy all the contents make it much faster, is there any way to do this?

:)

ray495, Jul 26, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 26, 2018
  4. move new user prpofile to the old one

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

move new user prpofile to the old one

1. move new user prpofile to the old one - Similar Threads - move user prpofile

2. Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one: Hello,I have transfered my Windows 10 OS from an HDD to SSD. Probably worth mentioning that I used minitool shadowmaker backup and recovery to do this. The system works just fine when I unplug the old drive, system boots from new SSD. Issue is when I insert old HDD, then it...
  3. Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one: Hello,I have transfered my Windows 10 OS from an HDD to SSD. Probably worth mentioning that I used minitool shadowmaker backup and recovery to do this. The system works just fine when I unplug the old drive, system boots from new SSD. Issue is when I insert old HDD, then it...
  4. Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one: hey everyone i recently just got a new ssd which is much better then my old ssd i was wondering how i move my windows os to the new drive i had a look online and there all talking about many third party software im not sure how to use anyone could help that would be great my...
  6. looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one

looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one: hey everyone i recently just got a new ssd which is much better then my old ssd i was wondering how i move my windows os to the new drive i had a look online and there all talking about many third party software im not sure how to use anyone could help that would be great my...
  7. Game doesn't work on old user, but works on the new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game doesn't work on old user, but works on the new one: Hello! I have a problem with Fallout New Vegas. In my current Windows user account my launcher doesn't launch the game, it just disappears for a few seconds and then shows launcher again. The most interesting part is that on new Windows user game works just fine. I've already...
  8. Game doesn't work on old user, but works on the new one

Game doesn't work on old user, but works on the new one: Hello! I have a problem with Fallout New Vegas. In my current Windows user account my launcher doesn't launch the game, it just disappears for a few seconds and then shows launcher again. The most interesting part is that on new Windows user game works just fine. I've already...
  9. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  10. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...