Windows 10: Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information Sometimes you may have accidentally moved a window off-screen, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10

How to: Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10

Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Sometimes you may have accidentally moved a window off-screen, or left a window opened on another connected display and disconnected it without remembering to move the open window back to your primary display.

This tutorial will show you how to move an off-screen window back on-screen to the desktop in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen from Taskbar
    • Option Two: Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen using Alt+Tab

OPTION ONE [/i] Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen from Taskbar
    1. Press and hold the Shift key, right click or press and hold on the taskbar icon of the opened off-screen window (ex: "Store" app), and release the Shift key.

2. Click/tap on Move. (see screenshot below)

Note If Move is grayed out, then it means that this window is either minimized or maximized. Click/tap on Restore, and repeat steps 1 and 2.

3. Your pointer will now turn into the Move
    pointer. Perform either action below to move the off-screen window back on-screen where you want.
    A) Press your Up, Down, Left, and Right arrow keys to move the off-screen window to where you want, and press Enter to drop the window.

OR

B) Press any arrow key, use your mouse or touchpad to move the off-screen window to where you want, and click/tap on the left button (primary) on the mouse or touchpad to drop the window.

OPTION TWO [/i] Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen using Alt+Tab
    1. Press the Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Tab keys, and select the off-screen window (ex: "Store" app). (see screenshot below)

2. Press the Alt+Space+M keys to turn the pointer of the off-screen window into the Move
    pointer. Perform either action below to move the off-screen window back on-screen where you want.
    A) Press your Up, Down, Left, and Right arrow keys to move the off-screen window to where you want, and press Enter to drop the window.

OR

B) Press any arrow key, use your mouse or touchpad to move the off-screen window to where you want, and click/tap on the left button (primary) on the mouse or touchpad to drop the window.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Cliff S, Jun 19, 2017
  2. JLB203 Win User

installing windows 10

tried three times down loading windows 10, completes the down load and screen freezes with blue screen windows 10 , nothing moves unit will not shut off. i remove the battery to shut down my samsung lap top. reboot and laptop returns back to windows 7

JLB203, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Eric_A-po Win User
    Current Window disappers when i move my mouse on windows 10

Every time I move the mouse off the active window that I'm working on it move off the screen to the back. I have to minimize everything in order to get back to the window. its extremely annoying and I just want it to stop.

Eric_A-po, Jun 19, 2017
Thema:

Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10

1. Move Off-Screen Window back On-Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move Off Screen

2. disable snap windows tomaximize when move off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable snap windows tomaximize when move off screen: 1. Type or paste ‘regedit’ into the Search Windows box. 2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. Not there, just do search drop-down under file for WindowArrangementActive Changing setting to "0" works!...
  3. disable snap windows tomaximize when move off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable snap windows tomaximize when move off screen: 1. Type or paste ‘regedit’ into the Search Windows box. 2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. Not there, just do search drop-down under file for WindowArrangementActive Changing setting to "0" works!...
  4. Windows being moved back on-screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows being moved back on-screen.: Hello everyone,I have this issue where windows that I've moved off-screen even slightly, will be moved back on-screen. This happens regularly usually overnight, and I can replicate this behavior by doing certain actions such as moving/hiding the taskbar.Is there any way I can...
  5. My worksheet has moved off of the screen

My worksheet has moved off of the screen: & I cant move it back into view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-worksheet-has-moved-off-of-the-screen/4b4bb117-a848-4224-831d-f3dccbe7cf3f
  6. My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen

My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen: I have 3 monitors and my icons got moved around after startup. The issue isn't with this but it's what led to the problem. I was moving everything back to where they were before and everything from the 3 monitors got moved off screen. It's acting like a tablet and I want...
  7. windows back screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows back screen: hello ive a problem after turn back from sleep mode. and i have nothing to do even run task manager or ... how can i fix this? please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-back-screen/434e657c-1a25-42b1-8876-5d824da3c512
  8. Windows 10 Notifications to disappear when moving back to lock screen

Windows 10 Notifications to disappear when moving back to lock screen: Hi, With using Windows 10 (Version 1803), I want to set our lock screens up so that they doesn't display any app/program notifications and that anything is private, especially with Google Hangout chats for example. So far, I've managed to use a Group Policy to stop...
  9. Turning off Windows 10 screen

Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...
  10. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...