Windows 10: Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10)

Discus and support Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi TenForums! I am loving Windows 10 and I want to remove Windows XP from my dual-boot configuration (and remove the whole dual-boot thing completely)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adam K, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Adam K Win User

Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10)

Hi TenForums! I am loving Windows 10 and I want to remove Windows XP from my dual-boot configuration (and remove the whole dual-boot thing completely) but it also acts as the system partition, so I guess it's not as straight-forward as I had hoped. Is there a way to make my Windows 10 partition the system partition?

:)

Adam K, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Adam.Kay Win User

Hi! I currently have a dual boot setup with Windows XP and Windows 10. I am loving Windows 10 and I want to remove Windows XP from my dual-boot configuration (and remove the whole dual-boot thing completely)
    but it also acts as the system partition, so I guess it's not as straight-forward as I had hoped. Is there a way to make my Windows 10 partition the system partition?

Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10) [​IMG]

Adam.Kay, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Adam.Kay Win User

I solved this by disconnecting the SATA cable to the HDD that had Windows XP on it. After booting up, The Windows 10 partition magically became the system partition.

After that, I switched the 2 SATA cables around and made the Windows 10 HDD disk 0 and the Windows XP HDD disk 1. From there, I was able to format that partition and remove Windows XP and the multi-boot completely.

Adam.Kay, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Personally I would remove the disk and boot up. If it works just delete the partitions and you have a clean disk. If it don't boot repair it from the windows boot disk.

Thema:

1. Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10) - Similar Threads - Move system partition

2. Systeme reserved and OS partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Systeme reserved and OS partition: Hello, I cloned a windows 10 form an orginal disk to an SSD disk using Aomei backuper.all works perfectley no probleme.But on the SSD i see one partition it s using the boot and the os in the same place note that the SSD is booting and workin with probleme !But i prefer for...
  3. Systeme reserved and OS partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Systeme reserved and OS partition: Hello, I cloned a windows 10 form an orginal disk to an SSD disk using Aomei backuper.all works perfectley no probleme.But on the SSD i see one partition it s using the boot and the os in the same place note that the SSD is booting and workin with probleme !But i prefer for...
  4. Systeme reserved and OS partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Move Win10 pro OS to other computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Win10 pro OS to other computer: Hi, I purchased a windows 10 pro version and activated it on my current PC. I'm planning to bring this purchased OS to a new computer.Is it possible? and if there's any information / instruction on how to do it? Thanks...
  6. Moving OS

Moving OS: How do i move operating system to ssd without losing data and all other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-os/c384689b-02b0-41bd-b490-1bc38c94c925
  7. Move the OS

Move the OS: I have upgraded my notebook by adding a M.2 SSD. How to move the OS from HDD to SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-the-os/31229331-1425-4fb8-b6ca-74091718452e
  8. Uninstalling an OS from a partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling an OS from a partition?: Hello, My computer came with a dual boot 1 to Xubuntu and the other to Windows 10. I want to remove and uninstall the Xubuntu partition, so I looked in the Disk Management and I see that there's a 184GB, 2 500MB partitions and another that is 53GB. To remove the Ubuntu do I...
  9. There is no System partition on the status of my OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is no System partition on the status of my OS: [ATTACH] Like on the picture, there is no System partition. How can I make the status as system? I can't restart this pc, please respond asap (please do tell me if the topic is wrong.)...
  10. win10 os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 os: *sarc I am using win10 10586 and would like to know if this is the latest on the slow ring. 50534