Windows 10: Move the start menu when using 3 screens?

Discus and support Move the start menu when using 3 screens? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I´m using 3 screens, and I have moved the taskbar to the middlescreen. But when I press the startbutton the start menu pops up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrilleKex, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CrilleKex Win User

Move the start menu when using 3 screens?

Hi everyone!

I´m using 3 screens, and I have moved the taskbar to the middlescreen. But when I press the startbutton the start menu pops up on the screen to the left, which isn´t really that great.

Do anyone here know if it´s possible to move the start menu so that it pops up on the middlescrren instead of the one to the left?

Thanks in advance!

:)

CrilleKex, Sep 7, 2015
  2. DPM2009 Win User

Show Start Menu on second monitor when using the Start button?

Thank you for the reply.

My monitor is set up to extend the desktop.

I was a bit ambiguous: I cannot access the Start menu when using the Start
    button on my keyboard when I have the focus in the second display.

What happens is the start Screen opens in the first monitor exclusively.

Cheers,

Dave

DPM2009, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Anannya Podder, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello CrilleKex, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You might see if the tutorial below may help for this.

** REMOVED **

Brink, Sep 7, 2015
  5. CrilleKex Win User
    Thanks a million for the welcome and for the tips about the tutorial! *Smile

I have run into a problem though, when I come to step six, my "page" is completely missing the startscreen part under navigation. I took a screendump when my "side" is beside the one in the tutorial, so that you can see what I mean:
    View image: Screen Hunter 19 Sep 09 10 40

Do you know why my "side" look different, and if there is something I can do to make it look the same as the one in the tutorial?

I hope it don´t matter that my "side" is in swedish, I think that you are going to understand what I mean anyway. *Smile

I have to say sorry if my english is hard to understand. I´m from Sweden, so english isn´t my first language. *Smile

Thanks a million again!

CrilleKex, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It appears this feature no longer works in Windows 10.

I removed the tutorial since the .reg file for setting this no longer works either.

It appears that Start will now only open on the main display when pressing the Windows key. *Sad

Brink, Sep 8, 2015
  7. CrilleKex Win User
    Aha, that explains it all!

Thanks a million for you help, I really appreciate it!

CrilleKex, Sep 8, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. Hopefully it'll get added back.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Move the start menu when using 3 screens? - Similar Threads - Move start menu

2. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  3. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  4. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  5. How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?

How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?: So I recently set up Surround Display in a triple monitor configuration, and I'm trying to figure out how to realign the various Windows components so they are on the center screen. Right now the Start Menu appears only on the far left of the left monitor, and I'd like to see...
  6. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  7. Cannot access user folder in start menu when I move it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access user folder in start menu when I move it: In windows 10 1607 user folders can be displayed in the left side of the start menu. I moved my user folder to drive d from C:\Users\\Documents to D:\Users\\Documents to have a different location for my files. The problem is when I use the Documents button on the start...
  8. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  9. Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10: How to: Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 How to Change to Use Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. You can use this instead: How to...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437