Windows 10: "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

Discus and support "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ydaltak, Jan 2, 2018.

1. ydaltak Win User

"move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access.

:)

ydaltak, Jan 2, 2018
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jan 2, 2018
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

The list of folders that appears is the same list that appears in Quick Access, they are the most recent folders you have visited so (at best guess) the ones you are most likely to be interested in.

If the folder you really want isn't in the list, you can permanently add it to the list by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Pin to Quick access'.

Bree, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    Scroll down the list, at bottom is link to select any location:

"move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus [​IMG]

Kari, Jan 2, 2018
  6. ydaltak Win User
    Thanks to Bree......that was very quick and very simple.
    To Kari......I knew about that. I wanted particular folders to stay displayed in the drop down menu. But thanks!

ydaltak, Jan 2, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 2, 2018
  8. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

+1 *Thumbs

Also, if like me, you usually have the Ribbon minimized you can add the Copy To Folder and Move To Folder items to the Quick Access Toolbar so you don't have to expand the Ribbon every time *Smile

Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer Customization Tutorials

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Jan 5, 2018
  9. ydaltak Win User
    thanks for the tip! i had no idea that one could do that sort of thing. surprise surprise surprise! *Biggrin

ydaltak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus - Similar Threads - move folder copy

2. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  3. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY: Just now things have changed when doing a Move or Copy from the tool bar. Whereas before there was just a small "select location" in the toolbar, I now get this huge drop-down menu with "select location" at the bottom. I don't know how or why this suddenly changed but I'd...
  4. Drop-down when selecting MOVE or COPY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  6. Drop Down Arrows for File Folders

Drop Down Arrows for File Folders: Hi. I am working in Windows 11. I have always enjoyed using the side bar to help me navigate my folders in the side bar. On some of these listings, there appears a down pointer that allows your list to cascade down to show its contents. I'd like to have this same feature on...
  7. Drop down menus

Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  8. Force drop-down bookmark bar folder "menus" to stay open ?

in Browsers and Email
    Force drop-down bookmark bar folder "menus" to stay open ?: v.2004 [img] I've wondered about this for years - now I'm finally asking -- Does anyone know some key combination - or any other method - that will force-hold a browser's bookmark-bar folder to stay open -- so as to allow more than 1 action to be performed before it...
  9. Drop Down Menus disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  10. Move but not copy Music folder into Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move but not copy Music folder into Documents: When I had Windows 7, I had literally every single thing in My Documents. Every song, every file, every tax record, every picture...literally everything. That way, when I backed up my hard drive, I just plugged in the My Passport Ultra drive, synced it with My Documents, and...