Windows 10: move user directory stange problem after moving

Discus and support move user directory stange problem after moving in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi On win7 i did the following. And i found it musch easyer then what is in the tutorials Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by glda19, Aug 16, 2015.

1. glda19 Win User

move user directory stange problem after moving

Hi

On win7 i did the following.
    And i found it musch easyer then what is in the tutorials Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Did some nows if it works on win 10.

On windows 7
    i did the following
    Did a full installation.
    Than i boot from the install dvd and go tho repair pc.
    Go to the command prompt runing as administrator.
    ->net user administartor /active:yes
    ->robocopy /mir xj c:\users\ d:\users
    c and d are the drive letters c to copy from to drive d
    -> reboot
    ->logon with the username
    ->start->searchfield regedit.
    ->hk_local_machine\software\mircosoft\windows nt\currentVersion\profileList
    -> change the %SystemDrive% to the drive letter of the hd where the users directory is coppied to
    -> and also the in the profilelist change %SystemDrive% in the directory with the long name.

In win7 it works fine

But when i try it in win10.
    He won't login he start login but i can't go further than the logonscreen.
    He logoff automaticily.

:)

glda19, Aug 16, 2015

2. Moving the location of the default Users directory.

You need to be aware that when two replies are posted in quick succession, the second respondent might not see the first reply. I never ever add my own reply to someone else's reply unless it contains a serious error.

Since you ask - saving personal files to an external storage medium might affect the Windows 10 backup feature (File Version Control). The OP needs to ensure that his personal files get backed up.

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Moving the location of the default Users directory.

My PC was delivered with the default Users root directory at C:\Users . Unfortunately, the C:| drive is actually a relatively small and fast SSD. I have two decently-sized hard drives on the E:\ and I:\ locations, and I want to move all user data to these
    by default. How do I change the default location of Users?

Stephen.McParlin, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

I guess some variables are not set correctly and Windows 10 is still trying to locate the User data in the wrong folder.
    Make sure that all variables are set correctly.

Go over each step and each setting once more. I am pretty sure you have made a Typo or such... *Smile

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. move user directory stange problem after moving - Similar Threads - move user directory

2. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  3. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  4. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  6. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  7. Windows Can't Move a Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Can't Move a Directory: Once again, Microsoft Windows 10 can't achieve trivial tasks without expanding into that all-too-familar circle of dung. Today's issue is that a directory cannot be moved. There are no pending syncs - OneDrive claims it is up to date. All files in the directory were created...
  8. Moving the Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the Windows.old directory: I have a C partition which is not very large. So when there was a recent windows update and windows created the windows.old directory my space on the C partition got small. So I thought it was a good idea to move the windows.old directory to another partition. This was...
  9. Moving a Directory to Storage Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving a Directory to Storage Drive: I'm quite sure many people move a Directory to a Storage Drive so some software will act appropriately, like Pictures for instance. Some computers even come with an SSD and a Storage drive OOTB, but they don't put any Directories on the Storage Drive. My question is, how...
  10. Issues After Moving Windows TEMP & TMP Directories

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues After Moving Windows TEMP & TMP Directories: To save space on my OS drive, I moved both the user account & system TEMP / TMP folder locations to a larger drive. I rebooted & tested the effects for a few days. Windows itself has not given me any noticeable issues. But I have noticed at least two programs that do not like...