Windows 10: Move user files from SSD to HDD...

Discus and support Move user files from SSD to HDD... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am just one user on my laptop, I want my docs videos pics etc moved from my SSD to the HDD... I read the tutorial for setting it up so all future... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NorthernDiver, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Move user files from SSD to HDD...

I am just one user on my laptop, I want my docs videos pics etc moved from my SSD to the HDD...

I read the tutorial for setting it up so all future users accts will be there. It is way too complicated for a novice such as myself. Is there not an easy way to make this happen on a single account?

Thanks.

:)

NorthernDiver, Jan 31, 2016

2. Appdata Roaming move from SSD to HDD

Is it ok to move the Roaming folder from SSD to HDD?

-> You can move it anywhere you like but you must tell Windows where to find it, e.g. by creating a symbolic link to it.

Frederik Long, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Appdata Roaming move from SSD to HDD

Hi, recently bought a laptop with an ssd and a hdd. What i noticed was that every time i downloaded something, even though it was located in HDD, the SSD still took up space. I already moved the download, documents, etc. to the HDD.

Then i noticed that whatever i download gets into the appdata/roaming folder as well, so is it ok to move the Roaming folder from SSD to HDD?

Allen Wang (alle0031), Jan 31, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Move user files from SSD to HDD...

You can move the files with copy/paste. That should be the easiest.

5. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Move user files from SSD to HDD...

1. Move user files from SSD to HDD... - Similar Threads - Move user files

2. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  3. Moving WIndows from HDD to SSD with files on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving WIndows from HDD to SSD with files on it: I want to move my windows from an hdd to an ssd. The ssd already has stuff on it, but there is enough space for windows on it. However, everywhere ive looked it uses examples of the ssd being wiped. Do I have to delete all the stuff on it for it to work? And if I do, can I...
  4. Best way to move files froms SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to move files froms SSD to HDD: Hi, I need help cause I´m a little confused. How do I know which of my disks is the HDD and which the SSD. I think thath the Windows (C:) is the SSD and the Data (D:) is the HDD. Is that correct. Well, I have a lot of files on Windows (C:) (sadly just 23 GB are left ), but...
  5. Moving files from SSD to HDD

Moving files from SSD to HDD: I want to transfer all the files execpt the ones required to boot up Windows from my SSD to the HDD to keep my SSD free as it is a low capacity one. I have tried many methods posted online but couldn't do anything about it and I need the steps to be explained in such a way...
  6. Moving User folder from SSD to HDD

Moving User folder from SSD to HDD: Hi, I'm trying to move my User folder from the SSD to the HDD but when I open the folder properties to do it, the "location" tab isn't present. Is there an easy fix for this? TIA...
  7. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  8. Moved Windows 10 to SSD from HDD, no windows.old file in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moved Windows 10 to SSD from HDD, no windows.old file in HDD: I moved my Windows 10 OS to my SSD via this guide: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/clean-install-of-windows-10-os-on-new-ssd-best/9186ae98-b2b4-4b7a-b3ff-0b053ce2d1c9 I don't want to format my HDD, and I thought i could...
  9. How to move an existing user from HDD to a SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move an existing user from HDD to a SSD: I upgraded my laptop and installed a SSD keeping my HDD installed. I made a new Windows installation on the SSD and created a new user for myself, but my brother would like to move his user account with all his files, folders, preferences etc from HDD to SDD. Is this...
  10. Moving from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...