Windows 10: Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

Discus and support Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Used Minitool to copy old ssd entirely to new ssd. Missing boot manager and bcd files. Copied from old to new. No joy? 18432 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rieko3, Aug 22, 2015.

1. rieko3 Win User

Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

Used Minitool to copy old ssd entirely to new ssd. Missing boot manager and bcd files. Copied from old to new. No joy?

:)

rieko3, Aug 22, 2015

2. Product key confusion

Ive moved my hdd to a new pc the hdd had a retail version of win 10 but the new pc has a ssd with a temporary version of windows that requires a product key.when I go on the ssd it requires a product key but the hdd says it couldnt verify it. How do I
    put win 10 only on the ssd and will it be valid

MarcFenton, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Installing Win 10 on SSD

i currently have win 7 installed on my hard drive with all my programs running from same drive. I'd like to install win 10 to a SSD, do I need to move all my old programs and files to new SSD? or can I leave everything where it is?

vincentnichols, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

In that case, boot the machine from the Win10 install media and run Startup Repair. Might have to run it several times.

And, good luck. I've run into this more than once, and the Repair option in Win10 has NEVER worked for me!

Mark Phelps, Aug 22, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    Strange that Minitool hasn't worked for you, I've used it to migrate to and from ssd's and hdd's, and from small ssd's to larger ones successfully. A new version, 9.1 is now available. You could try formatting the recipient drive before trying again.

tinmar49, Aug 24, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can also try creating a system rescue disk or USB with Macrium Reflect Free and boot from that. Under Restore options is a utility to fix boot issues. That has worked for me when the Windows 10 install media repair would not.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

1. Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd - Similar Threads - Move ssd ssd

2. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  3. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  4. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  5. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  6. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?: Hello, i just bought a faster SSD than the one that I currently use for my Windows 10. Of course i'd like to move my OS to the new SSD. The new SSD is slightly smaller than my current one 25 GB difference, but my current SSD is only 72% full out of a total of 525 GB, so I...
  8. Having trouble moving windows from a 1 tb ssd to a 120gb ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble moving windows from a 1 tb ssd to a 120gb ssd: As the title states my problem is very simple however I have been having a nightmare of a time trying to do this. I tried multiple different avenues but settled on reinstalling windows from a flash drive since that was one of the only methods I could get to work. While doing...
  9. Moving Boot from HDD to new SSD in Win 10

Moving Boot from HDD to new SSD in Win 10: My old computer went "bad" (I suspect that Windows updates became increasingly incompatible with my seven year-old hardware), so I decided to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and add a new SSD NVMe drive. I would like to boot from my SSD and run Adobe Photoshop 6.0 on it, but all...
  10. New SSD for Win 10

New SSD for Win 10: Win 7 Pro currently installed on 126GB SSD. Only 20 GB capacity left. Plan to install new 500GB SSD as C Drive. Plan is to clone 126 SSD to 500 SSD, including Win 7 OS, before installing 10. Then install 10 to 500 GB SSD Does this seem like best way to go? Thanks 8944