Windows 10: Move Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Move Windows Live Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I should know this. However, I need to get my Windows Live Mail off my old PC and put on new built PC. Both are running Windows 10, Build 14316.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Apr 14, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Move Windows Live Mail

I should know this. However,
    I need to get my Windows Live Mail off my old PC and put on new built PC.
    Both are running Windows 10, Build 14316.
    I've tried a simple Export Message but it exports the Folders with nothing in them.
    Had this before but can't remember.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Apr 14, 2016
  2. CESantos Win User

Moving messages from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 Mail App

I'm trying to move from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 Mail App. The folders in my MSN mail account in Windows Live Mail automatically get copied into my MSN Mail account in the Windows 10 Mail App.

However, the messages in the folders do not get copied over.

How do I get these copied so that I can move away from Windows Live Mail?

Thanks,

- Charlie

CESantos, Apr 14, 2016
  3. Swisherkj Win User
    Importing windows live mail into windows 10 mail

I need help moving my Windows Live Mail into Windows 10 mail (not sure if that's correct name).

My Windows Live Mail is in a Carbonite backup file.

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

Swisherkj, Apr 14, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Move Windows Live Mail

Go to "user" - AppData - Local - Microsoft - Windows Live Mail. This is the default folder for WLM. It has all your accounts and e-mails.

Copy the Windows Live Mail folder and after installing WLM on your new system copy the folder to the new system. Then open WLM and everything should be there except Contacts so open Contacts and export them.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 15, 2016
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Thanks, phone man
    That solution defies all my computer logic.
    However, it worked.

Pete
    (Former phone man-retired)

cfourkays, Apr 15, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I am saving this in my Tutorial files.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Move Windows Live Mail

1. Move Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Move Live Mail

2. Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail": I'm moving Windows 10 Live Mail 2011 files from my wife's old computer into another computer which has Mail that's in Windows 10. Is there a trick to it? I see no menu bar that says import, etc. Can someone give me easy steps to accomplish this? Thanks....
  3. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  4. windows live mail

windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  5. Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...: Hello, I a trying to help my mother-in-law with the install of her new laptop. She has been using Windows Live mail POP3 type with a local Swedish mail services provider and have therefore all her mails stored locally on the old laptop. I am told one solution is to install...
  6. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  7. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  8. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  9. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288