Windows 10: Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10

Discus and support Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; moved a working hard drive from a lenova laptop to a compact desktop. Will not update Windows 10. Thinks the drive is a USB, but is connected to SATAll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomWright5, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10

moved a working hard drive from a lenova laptop to a compact desktop. Will not update Windows 10. Thinks the drive is a USB, but is connected to SATAll buss. Works fine othewise, but give me nag screens to updated at every start. How do I fix it without a clean install, which will lose many configs and programs??

:)

TomWright5, Jul 16, 2018

2. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Endurs Win User

Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10

Computer no longer working

clearing the CMOS worked, but I had to unplug one of my hard drives. I am trying to reinstall windows on this HD but during the install I get "Error: Installation Failed: D:\I386\asms. Error Message : Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)."

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    -Endurs

Endurs, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10

1. Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move working drive

2. Moved my computer now it doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved my computer now it doesn’t work: [ATTACH] Don’t know what I did but now there is a black bar where my tool bar was and nothing works submitted by /u/ChainsawGuns [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17pg3gn/moved_my_computer_now_it_doesnt_work/
  3. Move drive with Windows to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move drive with Windows to another computer: If I move my SSD, with Windows OS on it, from one PC to another PC, will that other PC boot to windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-drive-with-windows-to-another-computer/ad052ecc-db9a-476c-be30-1d7808545802
  4. Move drive with Windows to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move drive with Windows to another computer: If I move my SSD, with Windows OS on it, from one PC to another PC, will that other PC boot to windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-drive-with-windows-to-another-computer/ad052ecc-db9a-476c-be30-1d7808545802
  5. Move drive with Windows to another computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Moving from iMac to Windows 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from iMac to Windows 10 computer.: What is best way to move data files from iMac IOS 10.13.6 to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-from-imac-to-windows-10-computer/f86dfc57-5863-4df4-956f-e6321ed7f517
  7. Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer: I bought a new computer and upgraded windows from home to Pro. The computer was bad so a replacement was sent I need to move the upgrade over. I did it through the Microsoft store so no codes or licenses numbers were exchanged. Microsoft has been no help what's so ever....
  8. Move data drive from old computer into new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move data drive from old computer into new: I am running a 2007 vintage self-built PC with a separate data drive (1tb hdd) and OS/program drive (SSD). I want to move the data hdd into a new computer I've built. Is it just as simple as unplugging/ dismounting from old and installing in new? Any advice is appreciated,...
  9. Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring license from a dead computer to a working computer: Hi everyone I would like to ask if i can transfer my old windows 10 license to a working computer. My old computer seems to be dead and all of my data in the hard drive isnt possible for recovery. So if ever possible, i want to transfer my windows license to a working...
  10. search not working from computer

in Windows 10 Support
    search not working from computer: The search is no longer working from computer (aka my computer in older versions of windows). It works from everywhere else like the C drive, desktop, and my documents. I have already rebuilt my index. What do I need to do to fix this? I am attaching a screenshot....