Windows 10: Moved: Can not boot to memtest86+ usb

Discus and support Moved: Can not boot to memtest86+ usb in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i'm not sure where to post this so if it should be someplace else please let me know. I created an initial thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarlPosz, Sep 3, 2015.

1. CarlPosz Win User

Moved: Can not boot to memtest86+ usb

i'm not sure where to post this so if it should be someplace else please let me know.
    I created an initial thread https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashe...-new-post.html on my BSOD. It is believed, and I agree with axe0, that it is most likely a memory problem.
    He said I should run memtest86+ but I can not get it to boot. it says "missing operating system" when it attempts to boot. I tried the last 5.01 and then the earlier version 4.20 with the same results.
    I was able to create a bootable usb for memtest86 but the problem with this is that my monitor goes to sleep and I can't see the results. sigh!
    Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm getting more frequent bsod's and I'd really like to figure out if it's my memory, which chips, or if it's my mother board.
    thanks in advance
    I'm going to move this to General discussions

:)

CarlPosz, Sep 3, 2015

2. BSOD issue in win10, from graphics driver

Have been struggling to get the memory test tool to run. Ran Memtest86+USB installer, but haven't been able to get the usb to boot. No clear instructions I can find on the Memtest dnld site

CrashTestUser, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 3, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

I have just tried to boot from the USB where MemTest86+ is installed on, just to test.
    But, I cannot access my BIOS when this USB is connected to my laptop, also there are almost no files on this USB and I don't know if it should be like this.

axe0, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Moved: Can not boot to memtest86+ usb - Similar Threads - Moved boot memtest86+

2. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  3. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  4. MemTest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MemTest86 error: Memorie G.Skill F4 16GB DDR4 2133MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit i have them for almost but today after MemTest86 i see one of them is faulty 63 errors and i don t know what to do someone help me this is a completation from I need help my pc has bsod everytime i play something -...
  5. What is Secure Boot? Questions about Memtest86

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Secure Boot? Questions about Memtest86: I have a few questions about Secure Boot and Memtest86: What is Secure Boot? If I accidentally downloaded a virus instead of Memtest86 and tried to run it on a bootable USB does Secure Boot stop it or can it get control over my whole PC? If I understand MS documentation...
  6. Memtest86

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest86: Hello! Someone just advised me to do a memtest, I got the result but I don't know what it means. I was experiencing BSODs such as systemserviceexception, fpnlistcorrupt, pagefaultinnonpagedarea. Thanks...
  7. Memtest86

Memtest86: I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then extract that to reveal the .exe file. Is that how it works? 138924
  8. Memtest86

in Windows 10 Support
    Memtest86: I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then extract that to reveal the .exe file. Is that how it works? 138924
  9. Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+: Just a suggestion for users here who need to perform RAM tests to rule out hardware issues: Memtest86+ 5.01 has a bug with CPU multicore support (Parallel), as it hangs after some time testing and the only safe way to perform the tests is in single core mode, which is...
  10. Recover USB stick from Memtest86?

Recover USB stick from Memtest86?: This is stupid. I created a new bootable memtest86 onto a small 4GB USB stick. All OK. Now it says that it is just a 26MB drive! So I went to diskpart and did a CLEAN. Great, and it shows 4GB unallocated. NOTHING I try, even a Create Partition Primary will then let me...