Windows 10: Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black

Discus and support Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed Movie Maker 2.6 into my Windows 10 PC. When I create a text title it appears black in the monitor pane and on the storyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dlwulfe, Sep 6, 2016.

1. dlwulfe Win User

Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black

I downloaded and installed Movie Maker 2.6 into my Windows 10 PC. When I create a text title it appears black in the monitor pane and on the storyboard no matter what color I choose for the Font or background. If anyone has had this problem, let me know what you did to fix it. I do know how to use the program as I had it on an old PC. Thanks.

:)

dlwulfe, Sep 6, 2016

2. Windows Movie Maker

I am trying to drag and drop videos from Picasa into the storyboard in Movie Maker 2.6 but am unable to. I keep getting the "stop" symbol. Can anyone help?

JamesNemer, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Can not play .mov files in Media Player or Movie Maker after upgrading to Windows10

Just upgraded to windows10 and find that I cannot play .mov files in media player or movie maker. Sound comes through on media player but not the video. In movie maker it goes through the preparing step and then I get exclamation marks over the video preview
    on the left. Whem I double click the preview video a message pops up asking if I want to remove the video. On the bottom of the pop up there a "How do I fix this problem?" line I selected and it took me to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...d=0E6A6B6B13674DDB957B74DD2977DED4&wlrefapp=5

The info is as follows:

A photo or video that you add in Movie Maker might appear with an error icon. This indicates that the photo or video can't currently be used in Movie Maker.

Here are some things to try to fix the issue:

• Make sure the video and audio codec that is required to play the video is installed on your computer. For information about determining which codecs are used by a video file, and how to find and install missing codecs, see Codecs:
      frequently asked questions
      on the Windows website.

• If a codec is missing, you might want to try to play the video file in Windows Media Player. For some types of video files, Windows Media Player can automatically download and install missing codecs. If the missing codec can be installed, you can then try
      to add the video file again in Movie Maker. For more information about the types of multimedia files that Windows Media Player supports, as well as additional information about finding codecs, see the article Information
      about the multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports
      on the Microsoft website.

• If a picture or video is missing on the storyboard, make sure that the source photo or video file hasn't been renamed, moved, or deleted.

• Video and music files that are protected with digital rights management (DRM) can't be used in Movie Maker. Remove protected files from the storyboard, and then continue editing.

• If a video appears as a music item on the storyboard, remove the video from the storyboard. Video files can't be used as a soundtrack in Movie Maker.

• If a video, photo, or music file type isn't supported in Movie Maker, remove it from the storyboard. For more information about what types of files you can use in Movie Maker, see What
      kind of files can I use in Movie Maker?

This looks to be a codec issue. If anyone has info please provide assistance.

Thanks

stanleykmiec, Sep 6, 2016
Thema:

Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black

1. Movie Maker StoryBoard and monitor displays only black - Similar Threads - Movie Maker StoryBoard

2. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  3. movie maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    movie maker: Where is Movie maker on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/614c0c08-78be-462f-85a8-bf8fab537b7f
  4. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  5. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  6. movie maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    movie maker: Can I set things up so the movie restarts - i.e. runs in a loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/105acc25-3935-45da-afa2-dd05b9ed422d
  7. Movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie maker: I have made a Project in Movie Maker. I saved this Project, and also saved an mp4-file. I also made a new name of the Project (and I understand now that this was wrong.) I now have to make som changes in the Project (film) - but a lot of the film-Clip is not there. Black...
  8. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker Version 2012. I am unable to show it on other computers. Is there a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/movie-maker/eac7668f-f097-40d6-b55a-c76702644200
  9. movie maker

movie maker: i was able to extract some of my files from my old computer window 7... I've got a new computer but does not have the movie maker...how can I load the movie maker from my old computer my new computer got a windows 10...
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...