Windows 10: MovieMaker12 sound only for .mpg files

Discus and support MovieMaker12 sound only for .mpg files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My first post after searching unsuccessfully for an answer. I downloaded MovieMaker12 onto my new Dell Inspiron3650 desktop with Windows10. It plays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by emelcee, Feb 2, 2016.

1. emelcee Win User

MovieMaker12 sound only for .mpg files

My first post after searching unsuccessfully for an answer.

I downloaded MovieMaker12 onto my new Dell Inspiron3650 desktop with Windows10. It plays .avi and .mov files OK but I get sound only for .mpg files. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

emelcee, Feb 2, 2016

2. MPG files not showing video on Windows MEdia Player

I think it is the type of .mpg you are trying to play. I'm not sure about this, but since some .mpg's play fine, I think that .mpg standard format must have gotten upgraded or something to where the newer media players no longer play the old format. So your
    .mpg, if created before this new format, can only play the audio part and not show the visual. I'm sure there is a fix, but it's probably a freeware offering to upgrate your file to the new .mpg format. I'm a little nervous about those because they tend to
    install some ****; that's how they can be offered free.

NicholasKieferCA, Feb 2, 2016
  3. BobNear Win User
    I'm trying to download from a flash drive several movie files (Movie Clip (.MPG)) the sound comes over but the movie does not.

Original Title - MPG movie file

I have windows 10 and I'm trying to download from a flash drive several movie files (Movie Clip (.MPG)) the sound comes over but the movie does not. Help?

BobNear, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

MovieMaker12 sound only for .mpg files

1. MovieMaker12 sound only for .mpg files - Similar Threads - MovieMaker12 sound mpg

2. MSI MPG z490 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI MPG z490 problems: I have a MSI MPG z490 in my computer I installed windows 10 on it and worked fine for a little over a month and now when I boot it up I get the MPG loading screen for a bout a minute the the screen goes black and I don't know what happened
  3. Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file: I burned the file to the DVD as "Need to autostart.mpg"I then added an autorun.inf which contained:[autorun]OPEN="Need to autostart.mpg"When I insert the DVD I get:If I click on it, I get:How do I get the mpg file to open when the DVD is inserted?...
  4. Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file: I burned the file to the DVD as "Need to autostart.mpg"I then added an autorun.inf which contained:[autorun]OPEN="Need to autostart.mpg"When I insert the DVD I get:If I click on it, I get:How do I get the mpg file to open when the DVD is inserted?...
  5. Trying to get auto play working with a mpg file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to convert MOD video file to MPG format

in Windows 10 News
    How to convert MOD video file to MPG format: [ATTACH]Most of us will likely have no idea what a MOD file is, and that’s because camcorders are not as popular as they once were. […] This article How to convert MOD video file to MPG format first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. MPG File transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MPG File transfer: Hi, I am transferring some old MPG files from a Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop. The files transfer, but when I open them I get audio only, no video. Help...……. Guy...
  8. File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details': When I display a folder containing *.mpg video files and I switch to 'Details' view, file explorer crashes after a few moments. I've read online that this might be related to bad codecs on my machine. Is there a way to definitively test this or is there a trusted site where I...
  9. mpg files on windows 10 / media player

in Windows 10 Support
    mpg files on windows 10 / media player: I was pretty mortified to find Windows Media Player on Windows 10 can no longer play mpg files like I was used to in Windows 7. I guess this was not an intended outcome but has much to do with Microsoft stripping out dvd playback from Media Player and this is a side effect....
  10. MPG files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    MPG files on Windows 10: Hello all, I am aware that windows 10 (I am used to Windows 7) will not natively play MPG files. I know this is a side effect of the codec being ripped out to prevent DVD playback via Media Player. The annoying thing is I have quite a few family MPG files mainly from our...