Windows 10: Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Discus and support Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeddie, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Hello all,
    Running Ver 1607;
    As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player.

When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI files play ok.

If I play any MP4 from my media player (windows share), it plays normally.

If I play any MP4 using WMP it plays normally.

I have run Defender and Malwarebytes (free) just to be sure and they both come up clear of any nasties.

Have I somehow got a corrupt MP4 codec in 'Movies & TV'? Is this possible?

How would I rectify this? Prefer to stay with 'Movies & TV'.

:)

Jeddie, Jun 25, 2017

2. Movies & TV

Today when I click on Movies & TV app and nothing happen. When I try to run a .mp4 file, I got a "invalid values in registry" error message. I have no problems before when I run the .mp4 files by using Movies & TV app.

Seymour Inn

SeymourInn, Jun 25, 2017
  3. user_zero Win User
    0x00d36b4 error Windows 10

I'm having the same problem - except I'm getting the error in the Movies and TV App when i'm trying to open MP4 files.

Any Suggestions?

user_zero, Jun 25, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there.

OK not the answer you want - but why on earth bother with WMP any more. Use VLC or a whole slew of other stuff which plays far more codecs including audio and is FREE also.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 25, 2017
  5. Hi, folks
    Jimbo46 is right - VLC will do everything for your videos perfectly. One more detail: few weeks ago I decided to try Films and TV app from Store but it turned that this app can't work with DTS audio within mkv container files. So, the result - no audio... Right uninstalled and back to VLC...
    Regards,
    Ivan

Ivan Petrov, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

Jeddie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem - Similar Threads - Movies app MP4

2. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  3. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  4. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  6. Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?

Movies & TV can't play .mp4 and other local files?: I just went to look at an .mp4 file, but it didn't open in Movies & TV, which I were using all the time before. So I tried to reinstall/install and repair even through Powershell and Revo Uninstaller which should be capable of removing all leftover files and registry entries...
  7. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  8. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  9. Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.

Unable to play recordings of Game Bar (MP4 files) using Movies & TV app.: I have a problem with opening recordings made with the game bar. The app I used to use to play these recordings was the Movies and TV app, which worked fine... until recently. Now it shows an error message saying it does support the format of the recording which is MP4....
  10. Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app

Stuttering problem with Movies & TV app: My Dell computer came with the Movies & TV app as the default video player. In the 2 years I've had the PC I've had no problems with it and I really like it as a player. But starting about 2 months ago or so certain videos played with the app have a very bad stuttering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no audio on mp4 file in movies and tv app

2. film app not linked to mp4 file

3. windows movies and tv app not playing mp4

4. movies and tv app restricting mp4,
  5. windows movies tv app no sound mp4