Windows 10: Moving cursor between two monitors

Discus and support Moving cursor between two monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anakhalow, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Anakhalow Win User

Moving cursor between two monitors

I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other.

:)

Anakhalow, Aug 15, 2018

2. Changing cursor exit direction on dual screens

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are you are unable to move the mouse cursor from left to right when using Dual monitor.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when the display setting are not set accordingly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Right Click from Desktop.
    • Click on Display.
    • You will see two monitors connected.
    • Click on the first monitor.
    • Place check mark on make the monitor as main display.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Dual monitors

Dual monitors

I have Two monitors, my laptop is in front of me, the second is to the left of the laptop. the problem I have is that when I want to move the cursor to the left monitor screen, it stops at the left side of the laptop monitor and won't go further, but when
    I move the cursor to the right side of the laptop, it moves past the right side of the screen and appears on to the left monitor screen. this is obviously opposite of the direction I need the cursor to moving and is frustrating as times. I need a suggestion
    to solve this dilemma. I don't see a solution in the manual. Thank You

metalsmith_306, Aug 15, 2018
  4. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving cursor between two monitors - Similar Threads - Moving cursor between

2. Icons Moving Between Two Monitors & Windows Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Moving Between Two Monitors & Windows Spotlight Not Working: So I have two problems that I am almost positive are connected. First, windows spotlight is stuck on the same picture every time I restart. Second, my icons move around between my two monitors whenever I restart or turn off the computer in any way. The only way to fix both...
  3. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  4. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  5. Problems moving cursor between monitors,

Problems moving cursor between monitors,: Problems moving cursor between monitors, Was working earlier but cannot move cursor now after some tweaking. I can move browser frames partially into adjacent screens but not to the point that the pointer will enter. I' think I might know where the problem is... looking at...
  6. Problems moving cursor between monitors,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems moving cursor between monitors,: Problems moving cursor between monitors, Was working earlier but cannot move cursor now after some tweaking. I can move browser frames partially into adjacent screens but not to the point that the pointer will enter. I' think I might know where the problem is... looking at...
  7. Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen: i am using a laptop and monitor set up. my monitor is physically bigger than my laptop screen. is there a way i can "enlarge" my monitor screen so that when my cursor travels from the extreme corner of my laptop screen, it does not get blocked?...
  8. Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen

Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen: i am using a laptop and monitor set up. my monitor is physically bigger than my laptop screen. is there a way i can "enlarge" my monitor screen so that when my cursor travels from the extreme corner of my laptop screen, it does not get blocked?...
  9. Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.: After replacing one of two monitors, the cursor wouldn't move correctly between monitors. One of the other threads on this topic was helpful, but it took me awhile to fully understand the suggested solution. Below is what I did to fix my problem. If you have the same...
  10. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move cursor between monitors

2. cursor between monitors

3. cursor exit direction windows 10

4. how to move cursor from one screen to another,
  5. cursor between screens,
  6. how to tranfer cusor from loptop to monitor,
  7. how to control the mouse pointer in 2 screens,
  8. moving cursor from one monitor to another,
  9. move between 2 monitors,
  10. move cursor between multiple monitors,
  11. moving cursor on multiple monitors,