Windows 10: Moving cursor while typing

Discus and support Moving cursor while typing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erhuip, Mar 22, 2016.

1. erhuip Win User

Moving cursor while typing

When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing.

:)

erhuip, Mar 22, 2016

2. Can't move cursor while typing

Thank you for looking into the matter.

DarkCeptor44, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Can't move cursor while typing

I have a HP Pavillion notebook, I don't know if it was upgraded from windows 8 but I use windows 10, my problem is that the touchpad doesnt work while I'm typing or pressing a key, I red all articles about palmcheck and smartsense, my smartsense setting
    is at minimum/deactivated, but yet it doesnt work! The touchpad software is Synaptics v19.3.11.37.

EDIT: I updated to v19.3.11.41 and still doesnt work!

DarkCeptor44, Mar 22, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This is a really annoying problem that sometimes appears on laptops - it can make the computer almost unuseable for input.

Two possible solutions --

1) Disable the touchpad completely when using a mouse -- you might need to install the generic synaptic touchpad driver rather than the specific one for your computer in order to disable the touchpad.

2) Video driver is not correct.

Note also the problem might only occur when you are actually on the Internet - and even then only on some ISP's / Wifi connections - no idea why either.

This is a HIDEOUSLY irritating problem - but it's very hard to explain to those who've never had it. Usually finding a touchpad driver that allows you to disable the touchpad solves the issue -- note you might have to uninstall your current one and load the generic driver.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2016
  5. erhuip Win User
    This seems to make sense. I am connected via Att/yahoo. On my previous computer that just died, the cursor would also do this by moving to the yahoo search box at top of screen, but with this HP Notebook, it moves cursor, back over what I just typed. Maybe it is a Yahoo thing !I didn't think disabling touchpad would involve finding a specific driver which sounds like hit and miss situation. And I do use a wireless usb mouse 'cuz using touchpad is nutso ! Thanks for the info, though.

erhuip, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving cursor while typing - Similar Threads - Moving cursor while

2. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  3. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  4. Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app: First, thanks in advance for your consideration, and I also want to point out that the issue I'm about to describe has been raised before, though having thoroughly reviewed the forum posts about it, and taken all recommended steps to address it without avail, I'm hoping...
  5. While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left: Hello This problem is driving me nuts. I use ASUS Zen book win 10 home. I also use blue tooth Logitech mouse and keyboard. While typing a word in firefox address bar or in viber, after two or three letters, the cursor shifts automatically to the left sometimes. This problem...
  6. Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...: Hello Everyone, So this stemmed from another thread but It's it own question. Their's was involving touch screen problems I don't own a touch screen at all, not using any touch screen drivers or monitor to my knowledge. I'm a bit paranoid and I know I can uninstall drivers...
  7. I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.

I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.: I can't move my cursor while I'm typing. I game on my windows 10 laptop and it is annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-my-cursor-while-im-typing/77e37b66-27a9-439b-94bb-58f5c99bc6bc
  8. Move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse while typing: So as I type, I cant move my mouse and wonder why? If anyone replies to this please tell me! I'm on a Windows 10 Laptop and need to know these instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-while-typing/503824ee-95cb-46b1-9f9c-1bbee09f695a
  9. Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad)

Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad): Hi, got this problem after I install the precision touchpad driver. Before this, I can use the Synaptics control panel to fix this. the cursor can reflect quickly after I typed, it is comfortable to use. But after I install precision touchpad for my Hp specture, there is no...
  10. Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help: Hi, I recently received a new Lenovo laptop, and I've noticed I can't move the cursor at all while holding down any key. This is really irritating, especially as a gamer, so could somebody please help, thanks. (I'm running on Windows 10) My touchpad is a Synaptics...