Windows 10: Moving DATA from updated 10 to a Clean install of 10 in VMware

Discus and support Moving DATA from updated 10 to a Clean install of 10 in VMware in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; [img] hello everyone, i have installed the windows 10 Eval from 122 to 10240 via the windows update, ( in VMware Workstation ) and everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by pants, Jul 16, 2015.

1. pants Win User

Moving DATA from updated 10 to a Clean install of 10 in VMware

Moving DATA  from updated 10 to a Clean install of 10 in VMware [​IMG]
    hello everyone, i have installed the windows 10 Eval from 122 to 10240 via the windows update, ( in VMware Workstation ) and everything is looking good, i have installed a few program on the OS, and i am liking the way it looks now,

i made an ESD into an ISO and did a "CLEAN" install of the RTM 10240 onto my VMware Station. which installed much faster then the updates on the prior installs,

i am now looking for the best Easiest way to Copy / Move all my programs and settings from the "UPDATED" installation of win 10 to the " NEW CLEAN" install of 10240

is this Possible ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

pants, Jul 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 1703 and 1709: Settings/"Windows Updates" hangs with dots

Well, I have Windows 10 1709 also running VMWare Fusion on my Mac and its a clean install from the ISO. But I'm running VMWare Fusion 8.5 Pro with the latest updates. Which version do you have installed?

You might want to first try updating VMWare Fusion if any updates are available.

Uninstall then reinstall the VMWare Tools to see if it helps.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Zeldar Win User
    Windows 10 1703 and 1709: Settings/"Windows Updates" hangs with dots

Hello Andre,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am running Fusion 10. It has the latest updates. I also just removed VMWare tools just in case but same problem.

Zeldar, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

From all I've read concerning Virtual Machines it seems to be best/more reliable to first Copy your Data, anything you don't want to lose, onto a USB Thumb/Flash drive, USB HDD or onto DVDs then copy from that drive/disc onto the "NEW CLEAN" install of 10240.

Berton, Jul 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Moving DATA from updated 10 to a Clean install of 10 in VMware - Similar Threads - Moving DATA updated

2. Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10: I wish to use my Windows 10 Pro upgrade option to Windows 11 and would like a clean install, VIA. Diskpart "Clean" hard drive , "Standard Format" and check hard drive for errors while formatting. Then complete the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I realize my question is not...
  3. Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10: I wish to use my Windows 10 Pro upgrade option to Windows 11 and would like a clean install, VIA. Diskpart "Clean" hard drive , "Standard Format" and check hard drive for errors while formatting. Then complete the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I realize my question is not...
  4. Clean installation from updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation from updates.: Hello guys. I installed Windows 10 20H2 on my PC using windows.old method. I got the normal Windows.old folder for my initial account username NOTEBOOK15, which had over 400GB of files. Username for this 20H2 Windows was S.I then installed version 1909 using this same method...
  5. Clean installation from updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean installation from updates.: Hello guys. I installed Windows 10 20H2 on my PC using windows.old method. I got the normal Windows.old folder for my initial account username NOTEBOOK15, which had over 400GB of files. Username for this 20H2 Windows was S.I then installed version 1909 using this same method...
  6. Clean installation from updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Clean install of Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 16 to keep acti?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install of Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 16 to keep acti?: Hello, I installed W10 Pro in Workstation Pro 16 year ago, then upgraded guest machine to Win 10 Pro (client edition) 20H1 and later to 20H2. I want to install incomming 21H1 also but make a totally clean / fresh installation. Serial I used to install and activate my guest OS...
  8. windows 10 vmware install

windows 10 vmware install: I was trying to install windows 10 on vwmare, i used the windows 10 enterprise iso image, this step is just logging in using my school crendentials. This is the error message i get but i can not find anything related to it on the website. Ive tried 3 separate times and all of...
  9. Clean Install of Windows 10 - Data on separate Drive

Clean Install of Windows 10 - Data on separate Drive: I have a PC with two HDs. I have some corrupted OS files and will be re-installing Windows 10 as a clean install. Presently, the OS in on the smaller drive and I have the OS set so that data is stored on the second larger drive. I am replacing the smaller drive with SSD on...
  10. Steps for clean install to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Steps for clean install to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello - I am about to move from Windows 7 64-bit pro to Windows 10 and after much reading I want to check that I have the steps correct. I would class myself as a computer literate user but far from expert and I have highlighted what I understand to be the right steps along...