Windows 10: Moving download folder to C:\ drive

Discus and support Moving download folder to C:\ drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wicked Salasa, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."

:)

Wicked Salasa, Apr 21, 2024
  2. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Moving download folder to C:\ drive 231719d1556232270t-moving-public-folder-another-drive-songpro1.jpg

Moving download folder to C:\ drive 231720d1556232296t-moving-public-folder-another-drive-songpro2.jpg

Moving download folder to C:\ drive 231721d1556232319t-moving-public-folder-another-drive-songpro3.jpg

scopio, Apr 21, 2024
  3. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

Hi, James. I'm Robinson, and I’m happy to help you today.

Please provide some more detail on what you are trying to do. Which folders do you want to move to drive D?

If you want to move the Documents, Photos, Videos, and Downloads from drive C to drive D, you can use this procedure.

Step 1: Create the folders on the drive D

1-Open the File Explorer

2-Click on "This PC" and open the drive D

3-Right-click on an empty area and select New > Folder

4-Enter the name for the folder like Documents, Photos, Videos, and Downloads

Step 2: Move the folder

1-Open the File Explorer

2-Right-click on the folder that you want to move (I.g Documents) and click on Properties

3-Click on the "Location" tab

4-Click on the "Move..." button

5-Select the correct folder on the drive D, click on "Select Folder" then click on Apply and Ok

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

RobinsonSilvestre, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Riotubes Win User

Moving download folder to C:\ drive

Need help moving a legacy windows folder off my C drive

Hello,
    I'm running out of disk space on my C drive where Win10 Pro version 1511 is stored.
    I've attached a screenshot showing the C Drive (only 18GB free of 237GB).
    There is a folder called Windows.Old the purpose of which I can't recall. It's size is 16GB. One of the screenshots shows the contents of this drive. On that screenshot, of the folders listed, "Windows" contains 15.5GB, nearly all of the storage for this subfolder called Windows.Old. Note that I also have a "Windows" subfolder on the C drive that is 23.6GB in size and last dated 10/22/20 so I know this is the windows that is running the PC.
    As far as Windows.Old, I think it might have been my C drive on an older PC that I decided to move to this C drive.
    In any event, I don't think I need it (all subfolders are dated year 2015).
    I had planned to move this folder to Drive F which has over 3TB of capacity, but it won't copy over using a tool like Syncback (at least many of the files). I tried logging in as Admin and that didn't help.

Please help me, step-by-step, to transfer this Windows.old folder over to Drive F so I can free up C drive. Thank you!

Riotubes, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Moving download folder to C:\ drive

1. Moving download folder to C:\ drive - Similar Threads - Moving download folder

2. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  3. How to move OneDrive folders and files to Drive C?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move OneDrive folders and files to Drive C?: I successfully unlinked One Drive. When I checked this drive, I was surprised to see that the drive still has folders and files from back in 2020 and 2021. I do not want anything left in OneDrive, so how do I move the files and folders still there back to the computer?...
  4. How to move OneDrive folders and files to Drive C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move OneDrive folders and files to Drive C?: I successfully unlinked One Drive. When I checked this drive, I was surprised to see that the drive still has folders and files from back in 2020 and 2021. I do not want anything left in OneDrive, so how do I move the files and folders still there back to the computer?...
  5. How to move OneDrive folders and files to Drive C?

6. C Drive Creating Download Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive Creating Download Folder?: So I changed my default storage from C drive to my own external hard drive for everything. When I download an image it automatically pops up in the hard drive, but when I download a video or anything that i cant "save as", say a video from Google drive for example, it...
  7. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  8. Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive

Can't move Downloads folder to folder in hard drive: I have my Downloads folder in my SSD but I wan't to move it to a custom folder in my hard drive but when i do, i get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-downloads-folder-to-folder-in-hard-drive/949fe106-307d-4f90-9eb6-65281aa45fdb
  9. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630
  10. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder: I was running out of space on my C drive, so I decided to relocate the Downloads folder to the D drive within my User folderD:\Hashim Ali My user folder in the d drive This ended up merging my user folder and the downloads folder, making it one massive 40 GB folder I...